• Status
    Not open for further replies.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Unfortunately, that is true of pretty much any political donation. They have been very careful to exclude themselves from all kinds of laws restricting contacts, such as the phone call opt-out.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    G7lBV3G.jpg

BCZM8kF.jpg

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    The funniest thing I saw was Ryan's face and his reluctance to stand, he is a pretty good actress. Making believe he is not going to rubber stamp anything the establishment democrats and establishment republicans want to foist on us.

ArmedNerds

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2016
    Behind a keyboard
    Interesting, I thought that the Statue of Liberty was an AMERICAN monument. I guess ny sees it as city property, surprised they haven't sold it.

NY and NJ have been fighting over those two islands for ever, and I think they always will. When I was there in the late 90's, they still hadn't sorted it out. One of the very few times I'd like to see the government tell the states "No, not yours. Ours, as in everyone."

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Interesting, I thought that the Statue of Liberty was an AMERICAN monument. I guess ny sees it as city property, surprised they haven't sold it.

NY and NJ have been fighting over those two islands for ever, and I think they always will. When I was there in the late 90's, they still hadn't sorted it out. One of the very few times I'd like to see the government tell the states "No, not yours. Ours, as in everyone."

Lets give it back to France and they can have the. tired, poor, huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of the homeless and tempest-tost.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Lets give it back to France and they can have the. tired, poor, huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of the homeless and tempest-tost.

Well, since that poem, the New Colossus was tacked on long after it went up and had nothing to do with the reason for its creation or the ideals behind it...how about we just un-tack it and let the statue stand for its original intention? Liberty Enlightening the World. Not free stuff for others, or 'hey look! A country with no borders or immigration policy!"

It's supposed to stand for "hey folks, this it the way to do it right...now fix your countries."

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Well, since that poem, the New Colossus was tacked on long after it went up and had nothing to do with the reason for its creation or the ideals behind it...how about we just un-tack it and let the statue stand for its original intention? Liberty Enlightening the World. Not free stuff for others, or 'hey look! A country with no borders or immigration policy!"

It's supposed to stand for "hey folks, this it the way to do it right...now fix your countries."

Thanks. I actually knew all of that, but hadn't sorted the data properly.

I started disdaining that poem years ago and transferred my dislike to the Lady inappropriately. I believe most folks believe they are one and the same, and can't separate the thought.

I saw a clip of an old Simpson's where the police chief is looking at them and says maybe we should change it to no vacancies. A liberal jab at "xenophobia" "intolerance" and anyone for the rule of law.

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    Careful, last time I donated to Cruz... this is what happened to my inbox:

CXZ1J0RUoAAGq3o.png:large

Honestly, if you look at the dates between emails, that doesn't look bad at all. I get TWO emails a day from Palmetto and at least one email a day from several other online retailers that I have purchased from. I've made one donation to Cruz so far, but I get far less than one email a day. I don't feel flooded by his campaign...which is a VERY good thing!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom