Not open for further replies.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    dwfh2MG.jpg
    Pink hat aside (yes, I know it was 'shopped in) I think that this picture is more accurate than it was meant to be. Under Obama's Administration the metaphorical weeds in the garden were allowed to grow unchecked, and have started to choke out the actual plants.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I wonder if the folks who announce that they will decline, prior to actually getting a WH invite, are actually worried they won't get one and will miss their 15 minutes/chance to #Resist

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Kennedy was just as conservative as GWB. The dems and the pubs have all slipped left since the inception.

I know there were no dems or pubs in 1776.

amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    I’d give Kennedy two thumbs up, if for nothing else, for backing Kruschev down over Cuba. Or being an actual war hero - and not playing it up like McCain.

Perhaps he loses points for being a womanizer - but my jury is still out on that issue.

amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    Lincoln, Jackson, and Reagan too? Geez. a Tyrant, a Displacer, and a Traitor.
    I'm only onboard with Washington, Teddy, and Dwight.

So if I understand the adjective placement . . . Lincoln was a tyrant, Jackson was a displacer, and Reagan was a traitor. Do I have that correct ? I’m not quite sure I grasp the logic behind each of those one word descriptions.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    So if I understand the adjective placement . . . Lincoln was a tyrant, Jackson was a displacer, and Reagan was a traitor. Do I have that correct ? I’m not quite sure I grasp the logic behind each of those one word descriptions.

Yep... which one are you not understanding? Or is it all of them?

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I’d give Kennedy two thumbs up, if for nothing else, for backing Kruschev down over Cuba. Or being an actual war hero - and not playing it up like McCain.

Perhaps he loses points for being a womanizer - but my jury is still out on that issue.

He also lowered taxes.

It is Just Kut. He most likely disagrees with Obama having not you on his picture.

[h=1]Sic semper tyrannis[/h]

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Lincoln, Jackson, and Reagan too? Geez. a Tyrant, a Displacer, and a Traitor.

Teddy not so much. I'd go with Washington and Dwight. Not that Dwight was great but he's one of the few that wasn't horrible. And I'd leave Reagan up there.

"Traitor" is a dogmatically derived interpretation, much like people on the right say that Obama was a traitor. Many things that happened in the Reagan administration and were wrong headed, and illegal. But it's hyperbole to claim they're traitorous.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    ...and yet if we had the option of a "perfect" president....he couldn't get the nomination.

It's weird to expect politics not to be filled with politicians.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Teddy not so much. I'd go with Washington and Dwight. Not that Dwight was great but he's one of the few that wasn't horrible. And I'd leave Reagan up there.

"Traitor" is a dogmatically derived interpretation, much like people on the right say that Obama was a traitor. Many things that happened in the Reagan administration and were wrong headed, and illegal. But it's hyperbole to claim they're traitorous.

I use the word "traitor" in relation to the word "treason" as describe by the constitution. Reagan was textbook example of such.

[video=youtube;Mb1GfP5Rwys]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mb1GfP5Rwys[/video]

It might be a cartoon, but it's completely accurate.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013

I'm right there with you, although I'm more tolerant of Reagan's faults.

The single words are harsh, but just to give you a starting place.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indian_Removal_Act

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Habeas_Corpus_Suspension_Act_1863

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom