Warsaw
    images

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I use the word "traitor" in relation to the word "treason" as describe by the constitution. Reagan was textbook example of such.

It might be a cartoon, but it's completely accurate.

Article III Section 3

Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort. No Person shall be convicted of Treason unless on the Testimony of two Witnesses to the same overt Act, or on Confession in open Court.

Not aware of Reagan even being tried for treason, let alone convicted. That must be one of those opinions that everybody has. Glad to see you acknowledge Iran is our enemy though. Too bad you can't push on through to the realization that giving them $1.7 billion in cash and a clear path to nuclear proliferation certainly fills the bill of adhering, aid and comfort. Ergo, by your lights Obama is more of a traitor than Reagan

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I use the word "traitor" in relation to the word "treason" as describe by the constitution. Reagan was textbook example of such.

For those unfamiliar with the Constitution:

Section 3 - Treason
    Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in
    adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort. No Person shall be convicted of
    Treason unless on the Testimony of two Witnesses to the same overt Act, or on
    Confession in open Court.
    The Congress shall have power to declare the Punishment of Treason, but no Attainder of
    Treason shall work Corruption of Blood, or Forfeiture except during the Life of the
    Person attainted.

So according to Your statement< Reagan levied war against the US, adhered to US enemies or gave aid and comfort to enemies of the US.

IIRC The charges were that ON allegedly sold US equipment to Iran. Not an enemy of the US to help in their fight against Iraq. On then allegedly funneled derivative funds to the Contras fighting communists in Central America.

The charges do not align at all with the Constitutional standard for treason.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    For those unfamiliar with the Constitution:

So according to Your statement< Reagan levied war against the US, adhered to US enemies or gave aid and comfort to enemies of the US.

IIRC The charges were that ON allegedly sold US equipment to Iran. Not an enemy of the US to help in their fight against Iraq. On then allegedly funneled derivative funds to the Contras fighting communists in Central America.

The charges do not align at all with the Constitutional standard for treason.

So what crimes/charges do they align with?

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I’d give Kennedy two thumbs up, if for nothing else, for backing Kruschev down over Cuba. Or being an actual war hero - and not playing it up like McCain.

Perhaps he loses points for being a womanizer - but my jury is still out on that issue.

So what crimes/charges do they align with?

Well, I thought the goal post was Treason. You obviously now want to change them.

IIRC There was a Congressional investigation and there were no formal charges brought.

OK, lets discuss the OJ trial. It was alleged that he killed two, but was acquitted.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Well, I thought the goal post was Treason. You obviously now want to change them.

IIRC There was a Congressional investigation and there were no formal charges brought.

OK, lets discuss the OJ trial. It was alleged that he killed two, but was acquitted.

I call it Treason. Selling arms to a nation that you consider an enemy, and trying to keep it a secret, typically seems to satisfy the definition of. But, that's back when words actually meant things.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I call it Treason. Selling arms to a nation that you consider an enemy, and trying to keep it a secret, typically seems to satisfy the definition of. But, that's back when words actually meant things.

Let's see now. Which ex-president was it that was so good with definitions? Hmm.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    so 2 billion to a terrorist state isn't treason?

Obama is listed as the only "not you" in the pic great presidents. I challenged the other pics. Your post isn't relevant.

So, since you made the obvious correlation would you say either yes it is, or no it isn't?

In a discussion of treason (which you broached) the question IS relevant.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Actually we were not at war with Iran during the time of Reagan so, no treason.

Which means that since we were not at war with Iran during Obama, no treason.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom