Not open for further replies.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    My nephew (her son) and I are pretty tight and he was sitting between us in the truck....He's 14 years old and I could see him trying to keep a straight face during this exchange.....And to be fair to her she acknowledged I had a point...

One trait I admire is she is intellectually honest....He's 14 now and she went from "No guns ever in my home" to "What gun shop are you shipping his .22 and what do I need to fill out the forms to get the rifle?"

That's a pretty nice leap right there....

Too much to explain but the text exchange she and he had when I let him pick out a rifle in the shop if she approved is legendary in the shop.....But I'll try...

I had two Ithaca single shot .22 Martini actions that looked like a lever gun...He was staying with us on his first solo trip and spent every day in the shop admiring them...A customer came in, picked the one in a little worse shape and said to me..."Man...I have been wanting one of these for my four year old little girl for the past year..."

My nephews face dropped...

"A four year old girl? I am a twelve year old boy but I am not big enough to have a .22???"

The guys in the shop were rolling....So I said....

"Text your mom and see if she is okay with you having the other rifle..."

"Okay Uncle Rick...."

He receives a text back from her saying simply "Tee Hee"....His face drops and he goes...

"Tee Hee???? What the **** does that even mean? (I had never heard him ever swear but he was in a gun shop full of men) "Tee Hee there's no way???? Tee Hee that's crazy??? I mean What the Hell?'

Then he gets another text from her...His face collapses in relief....

"If your Uncle says you are responsible enough and if you keep it stored properly of course you can...."

Guy's in the shop were laughing so hard they had tears in their eyes....

My nephew and I say this classic scene sums up the 10 year duel his mom and I had over him owning firearms....He showed it to her and she said, "Yeah that's about right..."

[video=youtube;xgW-gxJmKEM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgW-gxJmKEM[/video]

When I got sick she sent me a blown up photo of him shooting the rifle at her Uncle's farm....It's prominently displayed here in the shop in a place of honor....So now you folks that have been in the shop know the story behind that photo...

Nice movie quote.
    And one day I'm gonna have to make it down your way.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    "So what about the lack of women in sheet metal work??? Welding???? Digging ditches???"

Jennifer is a welder!

dish-030217-flashdance.jpg

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas

I also like to point out, at work, with OVER 500 deaths, not a single one was female.
    In fact, the closest I could find was one with a leg amputation.

BLS stats for 2016 show civilian occupations with highest death rates on the job are (starting with highest death rate): Loggers, Fishers (not the weekend type, I think), Aircraft Pilot/Engineers, Roofers, Refuse and Recyclable Collectors (!), steel workers, driver/sales workers and truck drivers (one category), agricultural workers, first line supervisors of construction and extraction workers (single category), ground maintenance workers. Oddly it did not give a male/female split for deaths or worker numbers. I can guess tho.

https://www.bls.gov/news.release/pdf/cfoi.pdf

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    BLS stats for 2016 show civilian occupations with highest death rates on the job are (starting with highest death rate): Loggers, Fishers (not the weekend type, I think), Aircraft Pilot/Engineers, Roofers, Refuse and Recyclable Collectors (!), steel workers, driver/sales workers and truck drivers (one category), agricultural workers, first line supervisors of construction and extraction workers (single category), ground maintenance workers. Oddly it did not give a male/female split for deaths or worker numbers. I can guess tho.

Wow, I never heard that. I log and fly for fun.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Well she's a chick so....

The left is pretty sexist that way. In their world, women are still not strong enough to debate men on equal terms.

Oh, no. He used his position of power in the male patriarchy to sic his loyal Nazi minions on her.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occupational_fatality#Gender
    [h=3]Gender[edit][/h]The vast majority of occupational deaths occur among men. In one US study, 93% of deaths on the job involved men,[SUP][4][/SUP] with a death rate approximately 11 times higher than women. The industries with the highest death rates are mining, agriculture, forestry, fishing, and construction, all of which employ more men than women.[SUP][5][/SUP] Deaths of members in the military is currently above 90% men.[SUP][6][/SUP]

deaths.jpg

death.png

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom