95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    y8fb3iqzhbc01.jpg

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    The funny thing is, he looks like he's with a patient. I remember him saying somewhere that he kinda reacted to her like one.

He did...Listen to first 5 minutes and he tells when he went into that mode....A real good interview...

[video=youtube;E6qBxn_hFDQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6qBxn_hFDQ[/video]

Last edited:

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I like to call it selective equality. They want to equal, but only when it’s to their advantage.

My sister in law were having that conversation on the way up to the farm...She's left, I am right, but we think of each other as siblings...She brought up a book she read by Sheryl Sandberg the conversation went a little like this....

"There are not very many women CEO's in corporate America....."

"I know...I look at our town sanitation Department and I have never seen a woman on one of the trucks...Not once in 53 years..."

"I was talking CEO's...."

"I know...I was thinking coal mines...They are like 90% male...I mean what's up with that Patriarchal B.S.?"

"I see what you're doing...."

"Good....Stevie Wonder could see what I am doing..."

"It's just...I mean...You don't understand the sacrifice a woman has to make to her career once she has....."

"You mean like leaving the mortgage industry and a pretty good income to stay home and take care of our daughter? Doing so that my wife could concentrate on her career knowing our daughter was in the care of her dad instead of some stranger that didn't understand Autistic children????"

"I forgot about that...."

"So what about the lack of women in sheet metal work??? Welding???? Digging ditches???"

"Oh look!!! There's the exit!!!!"

IndyTom

Expert
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Oct 3, 2013
    Fishers
    My sister in law were having that conversation on the way up to the farm...She's left, I am right, but we think of each other as siblings...She brought up a book she read by Sheryl Sandberg the conversation went a little like this....

"I know...I look at our town sanitation Department and I have never seen a woman on one of the trucks...Not once in 53 years..."

"I know...I was thinking coal mines...They are like 90% male...I mean what's up with that Patriarchal B.S.?"

"It's just...I mean...You don't understand the sacrifice a woman has to make to her career once she has....."

"You mean like leaving the mortgage industry and a pretty good income to stay home and take care of our daughter? Doing so that my wife could concentrate on her career knowing our daughter was in the care of her dad instead of some stranger that didn't understand Autistic children????"

"So what about the lack of women in sheet metal work??? Welding???? Digging ditches???"

Quoted for truth and, even though it isn't a picture, I must spread some Reputation around before...

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Priceless........seriously.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    My nephew (her son) and I are pretty tight and he was sitting between us in the truck....He's 14 years old and I could see him trying to keep a straight face during this exchange.....And to be fair to her she acknowledged I had a point...

One trait I admire is she is intellectually honest....He's 14 now and she went from "No guns ever in my home" to "What gun shop are you shipping his .22 and what do I need to fill out the forms to get the rifle?"

That's a pretty nice leap right there....

Too much to explain but the text exchange she and he had when I let him pick out a rifle in the shop if she approved is legendary in the shop.....But I'll try...

I had two Ithaca single shot .22 Martini actions that looked like a lever gun...He was staying with us on his first solo trip and spent every day in the shop admiring them...A customer came in, picked the one in a little worse shape and said to me..."Man...I have been wanting one of these for my four year old little girl for the past year..."

My nephews face dropped...

"A four year old girl? I am a twelve year old boy but I am not big enough to have a .22???"

The guys in the shop were rolling....So I said....

"Text your mom and see if she is okay with you having the other rifle..."

"Okay Uncle Rick...."

He receives a text back from her saying simply "Tee Hee"....His face drops and he goes...

"Tee Hee???? What the **** does that even mean? (I had never heard him ever swear but he was in a gun shop full of men) "Tee Hee there's no way???? Tee Hee that's crazy??? I mean What the Hell?'

Then he gets another text from her...His face collapses in relief....

"If your Uncle says you are responsible enough and if you keep it stored properly of course you can...."

Guy's in the shop were laughing so hard they had tears in their eyes....

My nephew and I say this classic scene sums up the 10 year duel his mom and I had over him owning firearms....He showed it to her and she said, "Yeah that's about right..."

[video=youtube;xgW-gxJmKEM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgW-gxJmKEM[/video]

When I got sick she sent me a blown up photo of him shooting the rifle at her Uncle's farm....It's prominently displayed here in the shop in a place of honor....So now you folks that have been in the shop know the story behind that photo...

Last edited:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

Of course, now I can't find it... but I remember a meme with a woman (I think in scrubs), drinking coffee, thinking she'll strike a blow for women, next scene is a guy shoveling the car out, next scene is her saying "maybe tomorrow"

I also like to point out, at work, with OVER 500 deaths, not a single one was female.
    In fact, the closest I could find was one with a leg amputation.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom