No, that's dads at Christmas (at least they THINK we like ties):
    maxresdefault.jpg

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Nah, if you read his book "War as I Saw it" you'll find that in the chapter entitled "Earning my Pay". He had a war to fight, and was not suffering pansies to stand in the way.

I think General's like to explain themselves. All the German generals of WWI had memoirs. That's where the "stabbed in the back" concept arose. I don't respect leaders who take the meat grinder approach. I get that he didn't like sissies. I don't either. But you can go off into the "charge of the light brigade" ditch just as easily.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    That's where the "stabbed in the back" concept arose.

Et tu brute?

Yeah, lots of folks write memoirs. It's pretty easy to figure out who's telling the tale and who's whitewashing the story. Patton spent his life figuring out how to make the other poor dumb SOB die for his country. He learned a lot from Pershing.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Et tu brute?

Yeah, lots of folks write memoirs. It's pretty easy to figure out who's telling the tale and who's whitewashing the story. Patton spent his life figuring out how to make the other poor dumb SOB die for his country. He learned a lot from Pershing.

Yeah, he was definitely talented. But I think he was misguided at times philosophically, like the event with the PTSD soldier. I mean, he thought he was Julius Caesar reincarnate, so it's not hard to imagine that sort of mindset from a guy who thinks he massacred 10% of his troops when they screwed up in his former life.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Every week I see articles on how Trump's approval ratings are the lowest ever, and chances of impeachment are the highest.
    After this amount of time, his approval rating should be in the negatives and impeachment should be 100 percent.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Every week I see articles on how Trump's approval ratings are the lowest ever, and chances of impeachment are the highest.
    After this amount of time, his approval rating should be in the negatives and impeachment should be 100 percent.

Same pollsters that screwed up royally leading up to the election.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom