actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    U7eYbai.jpg

Hard to run from wildfires when you have to wait hours to charge your car.
    Even worse when there's no electricity.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I had to look it up not being a Potterphile, but I think it is a good fit.

In all three of these positions at Hogwarts she had enormous power over the students, teachers, and the curriculum, which she wielded despotically.[8]*Her time at Hogwarts was characterised by cruelty and abusive punishments against students, and because of her interfering and condescending ways, she was widely despised by most students and teachers alike.

...sadistically prosecuted many innocent people.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    When they get all of the lines underground they won't have to worry about wildfires.

They will just black them out because they have to shut down the windmills because of high winds.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    When they get all of the lines underground they won't have to worry about wildfires.
    Until there is an earthquake that causes line issues underground. Then instead of a lineman working 20 hour days in a harness to get power restored in 3-4 days you are waiting weeks to find the cut and get the backhoe to dig and find it then the lineman to fix the line. But underground lines do look aesthetically pleasing.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Until there is an earthquake that causes line issues underground. Then instead of a lineman working 20 hour days in a harness to get power restored in 3-4 days you are waiting weeks to find the cut and get the backhoe to dig and find it then the lineman to fix the line. But underground lines do look aesthetically pleasing.

Overhead wiring works for them in Vietnam. Not too many big fires anymore either.

DSC7624-1024x683.jpg

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Would be funny if it wasn't so sad... Damn, I remember the lines. Totally sucked in the winter.

Met people who stood in soviet bread lines when I studied Russian as an army linguist. Sounded like a ****ty system. No incentive to produce if you can't make any more than the guy who.doesn't produce.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    Or, having a federal job, being paid with federal dollars and required to hire minorities who know they're just seat fillers, doubling your workload.

You have to hire based on a percentage in the community where you work. Gay, transgender, Muslim, Chin. And they have to have skills and pass background checks. So the pool is pretty small, and they have to be hired. I give them an honest days work for a days pay. I can easily be replaced.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom