Not open for further replies.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I will take this as a compliment. However, while I’m pleased that it was convincing, I’m concerned that some people didn’t see it as too far over the top from what I typically post. Also, I think people should read and understand their position. It is hilarious and ridiculous, but also eye-opening and frightening.

These people want to change society, not for the better, and understanding them is a necessary part of defending against it. Diversity/Inclusion/Equity isn’t really any of those things. Anyway, I can see that I’m about ready to go off into a long tirade, so I’ll just stop now.

When the Secret Service trains an agent they pot them in a room with thousands of bills and have them count it. This goes on for days. Eventually they slip in counterfeits and as soon as the agent touches them he stops dead.

Knowing the truth you will spot deception every time.

You don' need to study the wrong and give it a chance to deceive you.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    When the Secret Service trains an agent they pot them in a room with thousands of bills and have them count it. This goes on for days. Eventually they slip in counterfeits and as soon as the agent touches them he stops dead.

Knowing the truth you will spot deception every time.

You don' need to study the wrong and give it a chance to deceive you.

I completely disagree with this. But I do recognize the sentiment from my churchier days. Critical, rational thinking reveals what's true and what's not true about a thing. Not being a joiner is also a good defense against deception. I don't care about sides as much as I care about figuring out what's true and what's not true.

The DIE principle (diversity/inclusion/equity) has infiltrated the boardrooms. Lot's of companies now have departments devoted to DIE. It's in the church. It's presented in a way that sounds quite compatible with Christianity. I mean, there's nothing wrong with diversity? Why should Christians care about race, when it's what's inside that matters?

What most people think about diversity isn't what THEY mean. You're not going to notice it in your church for a while. Just like we didn't notice it in the schools until it blew up everywhere around 2014. And we didn't notice it in the boardrooms until we started seeing public canceling of people. Understanding this is the best early warning. They have a hard system to overcome. They've made it so that once they have their place in whatever, they can make you a racist or enabler if you disagree with them. They've made it "moral" to the group to cancel you. It has to be stopped before it gets to that point.

Last edited:

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    :wow: Your preconceived notions are showing.

I feel like I have been called a racist bigot by our resident woke channeler.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    :wow: Your preconceived notions are showing.

I feel like I have been called a racist bigot by our resident woke channeler.

What? Okay. Now I'm going to have to learn your language so I can talk to you and you won't mistake what I'm saying. I'll try again.

First, I disagreed with your conclusion that it's better to become knowledgeable about what's right than to investigate what about and why something is wrong. I also said I understand the sentiment though, because it's what I once believed, back when I believed. I now think critical and rational thinking is a better way than what you've proposed. But that's just me. I meant no disrespect by that. If my notions are preconceived it's because I was a Christian and have said the same things you've said. I'm not saying that to challenge your Christianity in any way. I'm saying it so that you understand my intentions.

Second, I gave a warning about the postmodern/woke culture infiltrating the churches. Even evangelical churches. I'm not saying that in a disparaging way. I don't want that to happen. I think churches and religion is an important part of a free civilization. It's clear to me, in the absence of Judaeo-Christianity, many people devolve into religious sorts of devotion to ideology, and not health ones. Woke culture behaves like a bad religion, more like a religious cult, and I don't mind if you call that a fake religion. It is.

It's my opinion that without a devotion-like mechanism which makes a society capable of sustaining freedom, it will devolve into tyranny. We're seeing that now with woke culture; they can't stand free speech, for example. So even as a non-religious agnostic, without such a mechanism to replace Judaeo-Christianity, I do not think it's possible to remain free. I mention those two religions, because that's the foundational thinking from which the enlightenment grew. Those values don't appear to be all that compatible with most other religions, which is why we don't see it take hold organically, and scaled, anywhere else in the world. So hopefully that explains where I'm coming from, and that I mean no disrespect at all.

Maybe we can get back to funny pictures now.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    sign.jpg

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Verified none of these words are in the word filter.

And it's hilarious enough to post even if they were. :)

Might even belong in the Patriotic pictures thread

EO0leTzXkAIb1TC

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom