jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    ​I call our Homeowners Association "The Hitler Youth."

I was once elected to a Homeowners association board years ago. I didn't really want to be on the board. I think it takes people who want to control people's lives to WANT to be on association boards. I did it because I wanted to vote against everything. I quit after one term because it didn't matter. It was only one vote against many busybodies.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    zmvHrc3.jpg

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I was once elected to a Homeowners association board years ago. I didn't really want to be on the board. I think it takes people who want to control people's lives to WANT to be on association boards. I did it because I wanted to vote against everything. I quit after one term because it didn't matter. It was only one vote against many busybodies.

A friend of mine's parents had a winter place in Florida, and there was a retired lawyer on the HOA board with too much time on his hands.
    He made life miserable for everybody he could.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    People that seek power should never be given it. People that are capable need to be pushed into power and relinquish it as soon as they are able.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Also, society should reevaluate how much power any governmental body should have over its constituents.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

Meh.

Today, I spent two hours hanging wreaths at the entrances; I wouldn't exactly call that "controlling people's lives".

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Were they the approved color of green with exactly the right number of pine needles, and the approved diameter? ;)

We don't have any of that crap here. It's mostly all about [STRIKE]extorting[/STRIKE] receiving dues to pay for landscaping, snow removal, security, etc.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    We don't have any of that crap here. It's mostly all about [STRIKE]extorting[/STRIKE] receiving dues to pay for landscaping, snow removal, security, etc.

Well good on ya then. I'm not in a HOA, but from the horror stories I've heard, yours appears to be the exception rather than the rule.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom