Not open for further replies.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I heard it was all about the context of the phrase.

In this case it might be acceptable.

:popcorn:
    Maybe. Here’s the thing: lots of us have kids. My grandson is 5, not yet reading, but if I get on INGO and he looks over my shoulder, I am ok with him asking me what it means to cock my wheel gun. I’m not ok with him asking about the other phrase I used in my self-censored example. That’s what family-friendly means. With the censored version of my example, he might ask me why those words are blanked out... I’m good with saying, “they’re big people words. When you’re a big people, you’ll know what they are.”

Make more sense?

Blessings,
    Bill

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    u0kVSbt.jpg

I think that my brother and I were sitting next to them in old Milwaukee County Stadium back in the mid-80s. They never let a single food vendor pass them by—but when the Coke man came by, one of them asked:

”Ya got diet?”

Back in my younger days when I was an assistant mgr/delivery driver at a Local Jack's Pizza shop, never ceased to amaze me the amount of people
    who would order a large pizza with double everything on it, a large order of bread sticks, then ask for the total, give it to them and have the obligatory
    last second "OH I want to add a 2 liter Diet Coke/Pepsi to that also. I'd end up delivering it and the person answering the door would weigh just north
    of 300 pounds and would be out of breathe from the sprint to the door to make sure they got it before it got cold, never a tip, because they was spending
    all their money for fast food.

Also reminds me of the 450 pound whales that camped out at Golden Coral and the old Country Buffet restaurants. I watched one guy eat 6 plates of chicken wings one day. :n00b: waaa :puke:waaa2

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Back in my younger days when I was an assistant mgr/delivery driver at a Local Jack's Pizza shop, never ceased to amaze me the amount of people
    who would order a large pizza with double everything on it, a large order of bread sticks, then ask for the total, give it to them and have the obligatory
    last second "OH I want to add a 2 liter Diet Coke/Pepsi to that also. I'd end up delivering it and the person answering the door would weigh just north
    of 300 pounds and would be out of breathe from the sprint to the door to make sure they got it before it got cold, never a tip, because they was spending

Also reminds me of the 450 pound whales that camped out at Golden Coral and the old Country Buffet restaurants. I watched one guy eat 6 plates of chicken wings one day. :n00b: waaa :puke:waaa2

That always got me too. I'd be embarrassed to be seen out in public, let alone at a buffet if I was that big.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    On the diet soda thing, for me it is what you are used to at the time. I drink Pepsi and when I am used to regular Pepsi the diet stuff tastes bad but if I am used to the diet Pepsi the regular stuff tastes bad, like syrup. It takes me a good week to switch from one to the other.

I rarely pig out and rarely eat pizza but if I did right now I would have diet Pepsi because that is what I am used to right now.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    On the diet soda thing, for me it is what you are used to at the time. I drink Pepsi and when I am used to regular Pepsi the diet stuff tastes bad but if I am used to the diet Pepsi the regular stuff tastes bad, like syrup. It takes me a good week to switch from one to the other.

I rarely pig out and rarely eat pizza but if I did right now I would have diet Pepsi because that is what I am used to right now.

I used to drink diet (whatever), but now I mostly drink iced tea with just a little lemon juice. The only pop I drink is what I take with me to work, and I'm only in the office 4 days every 2 week pay period, and sometimes less than that. Right now, I'm working on a 12 pack of Fresca, that I bought probably 3 weeks ago at least. And I just found out it's 0 calories. I had no idea.

I don't worry about whether something is "diet" anymore now, since I drink so little of it.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    I used to drink diet (whatever), but now I mostly drink iced tea with just a little lemon juice. The only pop I drink is what I take with me to work, and I'm only in the office 4 days every 2 week pay period, and sometimes less than that. Right now, I'm working on a 12 pack of Fresca, that I bought probably 3 weeks ago at least. And I just found out it's 0 calories. I had no idea.

I don't worry about whether something is "diet" anymore now, since I drink so little of it.

Right, I don't care about the calories and don't need a diet, it is just which taste you prefer.

ultra...good

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Maybe. Here’s the thing: lots of us have kids. My grandson is 5, not yet reading, but if I get on INGO and he looks over my shoulder, I am ok with him asking me what it means to cock my wheel gun. I’m not ok with him asking about the other phrase I used in my self-censored example. That’s what family-friendly means. With the censored version of my example, he might ask me why those words are blanked out... I’m good with saying, “they’re big people words. When you’re a big people, you’ll know what they are.”

Make more sense?

Blessings,
    Bill

I understood what you meant.
    A post here was removed by the person that put it up for a word that it contained.
    This was just my attempt at humor because in no context would it have been appropriate for that word to be here.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I understood what you meant.
    A post here was removed by the person that put it up for a word that it contained.
    This was just my attempt at humor because in no context would it have been appropriate for that word to be here.

It's easy to miss a word in a meme (or just not think about it). It all turned out to the good. :)

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99%
    95   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington

Kinda reminds me of a dude in my platoon at Ft Hood, back in like 84-85. biggest (fattest) guy in the unit. Dude would come out of the motor pool after working on the tanks all day, change into civies (no shower) with his class A dress shoes (no socks) and head in to go clubbing... While he was changing he would order, and eat an entire large pizza by himself... and a diet coke. Ended up going to Leavenworth for stabbing a fellow soldier over a wanna-be dependapotamus...

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Kinda reminds me of a dude in my platoon at Ft Hood, back in like 84-85. biggest (fattest) guy in the unit. Dude would come out of the motor pool after working on the tanks all day, change into civies (no shower) with his class A dress shoes (no socks) and head in to go clubbing... While he was changing he would order, and eat an entire large pizza by himself... and a diet coke. Ended up going to Leavenworth for stabbing a fellow soldier over a wanna-be dependapotamus...

For those not familiar... :):

dependa.jpg

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I just stumbled onto this thread. :popcorn:
    I've only looked at page 1-3.
    As a Social Studies teacher, I find it hilarious, informative, instructive, poignant, and just plain truthful in a way that only political cartoons can be.
    I used to teach about political cartoons: students didn't get them.
    I can't wait to have time to look at the other 100s of pages.
    Love it!

I need to stop going to just the Classified section. :laugh:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom