Political funny pictures thread, part IV. Bring on the leather!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Blackface performers have been around a long time and it's almost a historical performing art in itself. Times change however and what was funny in the past isn't today.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Blackface performers have been around a long time and it's almost a historical performing art in itself. Times change however and what was funny in the past isn't today.

You get it.

I am slightly embarrassed by it, but I understand the historical aspect of it.

In the movie I mentionedYou're in the Army Joe Louis and a lot of black performer appearances. Many were very talented dancers, but, SJW's of today would say that their style was determental to the black race.

While I am on the subject. It is amazing to me that you will never see a work up on George Washington Carver during Black History Month, because he was an Uncle Tom, by the estimation of many.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    You get it.

I am slightly embarrassed by it, but I understand the historical aspect of it.

In the movie I mentionedYou're in the Army Joe Louis and a lot of black performer appearances. Many were very talented dancers, but, SJW's of today would say that their style was determental to the black race.

While I am on the subject. It is amazing to me that you will never see a work up on George Washington Carver during Black History Month, because he was an Uncle Tom, by the estimation of many.

It's SJW-ing to not want the group to which you belong, as being portrayed as pitch black skinned, huge red or white lipped, buffoons?

...and I have no idea where you're getting quip about GWC being an Uncle Tom, that's a first for me.

Last edited:

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    trophy-dt-600.jpg

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    [h=3]George Washington Carver Analysis - eNotes.com[/h]
    [url]https://www.enotes.com
    › Study Guides
    [/URL]

Dive deep into Linda O. McMurry's George Washington Carver with extended ... the old dichotomy of Carver-the-great-scientist versus Carver-the-“Uncle Tom.

[FONT=&quot]During the 1960’s, Black Americans rediscovered their rich and varied African heritage and, in the process, developed a new racial pride. The impact on history and historians was enormous: new questions were asked, new methods utilized, and knowledge of the history of Afro-Americans was greatly expanded. Along with these developments, however, came a new presentist frame of reference that occasionally promoted a distorted view of the past, especially of the roles played by individuals. Black leaders such as Booker T. Washington and George Washington Carver were sometimes removed from the context of their times, judged by 1960’s standards, and found grievously inadequate—“Uncle Toms,” in fact.[/FONT]

[h=3]Experts uncover real George Washington Carver - WND[/h]
    [url]https://www.wnd.com/2015/02/experts-uncover-real-george-washington-carver/

[/URL]

Feb 1, 2015 - George Washington Carver is universally portrayed as the “Peanut Man,” .... is that he would have been labeled an Uncle Tom and a sellout.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    I have heard that said about GWC. He was a smart dude and had to educate himself at least partially because of racial barriers. He was not outspoken about the issues though. He was just not a loud person. Some felt he was not outspoken enough and threw labels.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    George Washington Carver Analysis - eNotes.com

https://www.enotes.com › Study Guides

Dive deep into Linda O. McMurry's George Washington Carver with extended ... the old dichotomy of Carver-the-great-scientist versus Carver-the-“Uncle Tom.

Experts uncover real George Washington Carver - WND

https://www.wnd.com/2015/02/experts-uncover-real-george-washington-carver/

Feb 1, 2015 - George Washington Carver is universally portrayed as the “Peanut Man,” .... is that he would have been labeled an Uncle Tom and a sellout.

You do know, that the above is talking almost 60 years ago, right? I haven't ever heard of GWC being labeled an Uncle Tom. Booker T Washington most certainly, was considered such... and might I add, I'm FROM Alabama, spitting distance from Tuskegee.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom