Political funny pictures thread, part IV. Bring on the leather!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    THAT SAID, in the high school I went to in NW Indiana in the early 1970's, it was a yearly event for the Senior Civics classes to all go to the Lecture Hall and put on a Mock Convention to "nominate" a candidate for President.
    It was in the spirit of learning and having some fun at the same time.

Groups of kids would be assigned to be the delegates from each state.
    We held multiple ballots and made deals until a President and Vice President got enough votes.

Some kids would dress up as various people who had run for run for President in the past.

I got with a couple of other guys, and we did George Wallace, PURELY in the spirit of being absurd.

Borrowed a wheelchair, borrowed an old suit from my dad, and slicked my hair straight back with hair grease.
    They rolled me around in the wheelchair.

I got BOOED, during the ballots the delegates insulted my Wallace character, and my classmates threw wadded pieces of paper at me, etc. LOL :-)

We did it PURELY to be absurd, and everybody got a laugh out of it.

Nobody in our class believed that it meant we supported some redneck like George Wallace.

THERE'S even a picture of me in costume sitting in the wheelchair with my "Campaign Manager" in our High School yearbook.

We had a somewhat similar auditorium class in college that was more like a congressional setting. We divided up in groups and made bills to present. I was a chem major and our group made a bill supporting making bio-fuel out of animal waste. We called it the chicken**** bill. It was very much like a real session of congress. The football team brought in a keg.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    THAT SAID, in the high school I went to in NW Indiana in the early 1970's, it was a yearly event for the Senior Civics classes to all go to the Lecture Hall and put on a Mock Convention to "nominate" a candidate for President.

We held multiple ballots and made deals until a President and Vice President got enough votes.

Some kids would dress up as various people who had run for run for President in the past.

I got with a couple of other guys, and we did George Wallace, PURELY in the spirit of being absurd.

Borrowed a wheelchair, borrowed an old suit from my dad, and slicked my hair straight back with hair grease.

I got BOOED, during the ballots the delegates insulted my Wallace character, and my classmates threw wadded pieces of paper at me, etc. LOL :-)

Nobody in our class believed that it meant we supported some redneck like George Wallace.

THERE'S even a picture of me in costume sitting in the wheelchair with my "Campaign Manager" in our High School yearbook.

We had a somewhat similar auditorium class in college that was more like a congressional setting. We divided up in groups and made bills to present. I was a chem major and our group made a bill supporting making bio-fuel out of animal waste. We called it the chicken-s**t bill. It was very much like a real session of congress. The football team brought in a keg.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I truly do not believe that any of this is a real issue. It is only the SJW climate we live in.

This is the minstrel show scene from This is the Army https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-vPXWnpIbw. Not only are the men in blackface, but the blackface women are guys in drag

I watched this move a while back and thought it could never be made today.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    I truly do not believe that any of this is a real issue. It is only the SJW climate we live in.

This is the minstrel show scene from This is the Army https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-vPXWnpIbw. Not only are the men in blackface, but the blackface women are guys in drag

I can't see why anybody would want to.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99%
    95   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    I can't watch this without thinking of Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez...

[video=youtube;RGsQES_OdrQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=109&v=RGsQES_OdrQ[/video]

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    76fv.png
    They layed off mostly the grievance writers with the most intersections of oppression. Not so much because of the intersections, but they tend only to get clicks from a very narrow demographic. So Buzzfeed figured out that articles of interest to transgender lesbian crazy ass progressive poc aren’t all that click-worthy to a wider audience. Basically these writers are the ones who got degrees with the word “studies” in the title. That’s probably the most significant demographic, and not the color of their skin.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I'm sure because he's a Democrat, this will just blow over.
    A Republican would likely be run out of office.

That said, I would bet if we could go back in time and be in the room when this picture was taken, it was a couple of college kids dressing up in these costumes purely in the spirit of being absurd.

I would need more than this picture to believe that these guys support the klan and hate black people.

YET TODAY, if I ran for public office, I'm sure somebody would dig up that old picture from the yearbook and claim that means I'm a redneck who believes all that segregationist racist garbage.
    WHICH couldn't be further from the truth.

Obviously you are quite wrong, not only about how the Democrats are responding to this, but also concerning George C Wallace. His image had been pretty well rehabilitated amongst many people of color in Alabama.
    I do find it interesting how quickly the VA governor's issued was seized upon, when other instances seem to have, shall we say, gone unnoticed?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Mainly because, after the "who would want to see it" question, because the klan would probably be financing it, and they don't have as much money as they once did. So I also doubt we will also see remake of "Birth of a Nation."

Last edited:

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    Let me get this straight. Black face and Klan garb 35 years ago is bad and the dude has got to go, but killing babies seconds before they leave the womb is a fantastic idea.

How did we get this ****** up?

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    The Virginia Governor (as a kid) was the guy in black face, not the phony Klan garb. To me, that is not as bad, after all it is just make up. Am I wrong? and if so, why?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Yeah, I see your point but I have worked with the med school here several times and they seem like kids to me, partly because of the way they act and partly because I am old. So lets say they are not kids. Same question remains.

Blackface by itself, one could possibly believe it was a bad decision not fully considered, adding a guy in white robes kinda destroys that idea, and makes it seem there's a common belief/theme.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    The Virginia Governor (as a kid) was the guy in black face, not the phony Klan garb. To me, that is not as bad, after all it is just make up. Am I wrong? and if so, why?

He wasn't a kid. He was in his mid 20s about to graduate medical school.

As for what's wrong? Context. It was obviously racial.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom