Political funny pictures thread, part IV. Bring on the leather!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I think that's true of a lot of people. Probably not true of this person. She's a pacifist and she thinks of suing just like she thinks of self defense. She has an image of what the ultimately moral person is, and she strives to be that. She's a Christian, but I'd say her image of morality is a mixture of Gandhi, MLK, and Jesus.

If her kids lives were threatened, and an armed citizen stepped in to save them, I think she would be deeply conflicted about her pacifism. I'm not sure how she'd resolve the dissonance. But I don't think she's that superficial that she'd resolve it by blaming the armed citizen. I think she'd try to find a way to adjust the rules of her pacifism in a way that would allow her to keep the core beliefs, while being simultaneously pleased that her kids are alive and well, and displeased with the use of deadly force to save them.

An evil person killing non-evil people unchecked, is not good, or morally supperior.
    It means there is a net gain in "evilness" in the world.
    A person defending themselves against evil will stop when it is no longer necessary to defend.
    The evil person will continue .
    Allowing evil to continue unchecked is not good.

Jerchap2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2013
    Central Indiana
    54278672_2355393494495104_5052265692091383808_o.jpg

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Your experience in the world must be different from mine. I've met a lot of imperfect people that pray, in fact I see one everyday in the mirror when I shave. Of course someone else decided that the pic would be more accurate so they made a change that should please you. :)

D1AaoAfU4AAOSUl.jpg

I was in the Church for decades. I've seen plenty of hypocrisy. I've also seen plenty of sincere and imperfect people who struggle with right and wrong. If you pay attention you can tell the plastic baptists (see definition below) from the people who try but struggle because plastic baptists don't bother struggling. They do what's right for much the same reason a broken clock is right twice per day. So when you look in the mirror, if you see an imperfect person who struggles to do the right thing and sometimes falls short, you probably get it right more than wrong. That's what sincere but flawed people do. They try to live up to their moral standards the best they can, but fall short.

But the question about the image with Trump bowing solemnly in prayer isn't one about whether he's sincere or a plastic baptist. Trump doesn't even pretend to be the person depicted in the image. I'm simply astonished that anyone could have such an image of him. There is no indication by any of his actions that he's even a plastic baptist, let alone a sincere but flawed Christian.

The only version of that image that belongs in the sad but true, is the image you just presented with Trump holding the phone. That's the real Trump. It depicts the left accurately and it depicts Trump accurately.

Plastic Baptist: n. A euphemism for a person, regardless of actual religious affiliation with any particular religion or Christian sect, who pretends to be a devout and pious member of a belief group outwardly, but internally is not at all.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    An evil person killing non-evil people unchecked, is not good, or morally supperior.
    It means there is a net gain in "evilness" in the world.
    A person defending themselves against evil will stop when it is no longer necessary to defend.
    The evil person will continue .
    Allowing evil to continue unchecked is not good.

Net good. This is a very good point. I wonder if she thinks that her pacifism somehow cancels the harm. I can't help but think that's case to a large extent. Perhaps it would be good for me to challenge that notion in the opposite, that their evil cancels her good, and for good to prevail collectively it has to win the individual exchanges. She's a collectivist, so that has to make some sense to her.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    I know someone who told me that she wouldn't shoot anyone even if someone attacked her. Something to the effect that if she was going to be raped or killed, that's just fate. I asked what about her kids? Same thing. I kinda think if she felt the terror of such an attack and someone defended and saved her kids with a firearm, she probably would not complain a whole lot about them surviving her warped morality.

It would be interesting to see if waterboarding worked on her. Would she fight for life as her instincts would dictate or pacifistically submit to her pre-determined fate as her words say.
    She might find it is hard to be Jesus no matter what you have said.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    It would be interesting to see if waterboarding worked on her. Would she fight for life as her instincts would dictate or pacifistically submit to her pre-determined fate as her words say.
    She might find it is hard to be Jesus no matter what you have said.
    If she had deadly force available to stop the waterboading, would she use it? I think she would claim she wouldn’t. But I also think it’s easier to say it when you’re not in the moment than to do when you are. As she says it, I doubt she’s capable of imagining the moment in the realness that it would be.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    I HAD A DREAM ... it was a great dream !
    I had a dream about Nancy Pelosi last night. There was a humongous parade in Washington celebrating Pelosi.Millions lined the parade route, cheering when Nancy went past. It was the biggest celebration Washington had ever seen. Nancy was very impressed and said, "That's really great! By the way, how did I look in your dream? Was my hair good .. did I look good.

I said, "I couldn't tell, the casket was closed".

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    MV5BYWFiODYyNTAtMjdkZC00OGM4LWJhMDUtNWI3ZmQ0Y2E3YTFiXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTM3MDMyMDQ@._V1_UX224_CR0,0,224,126_AL_.jpg
    The Savage Curtain

Kirk, Spock, Abraham Lincoln and Vulcan legend Surak are pitted in battle against notorious villains from history for the purpose of helping a conscious rock creature's understanding of a concept he does not understand, "good vs. evil".

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom