• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I didn't think I could get away with restricting it to waist sizes of ?? or less.

Well, if we're going to re-open inane asylums, I'd like to propose opening fat farms too. People who can't see their toes are automatically committed. It would apply only if your stomach is the obstruction... because... well, some girls can't see their feet, but it ain't because they're fat.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Well, if we're going to re-open inane asylums, I'd like to propose opening fat farms too. People who can't see their toes are automatically committed. It would apply only if your stomach is the obstruction... because... well, some girls can't see their feet, but it ain't because they're fat.

I enjoyed your typo. If we are opening inane asylums I have several people to recommend. ;)

Fiddle

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 7, 2012
    Fishers
    That looks like fox, not bear.

;)

ok - is this better?
    NnbwS0cyc7_uVPh6CeoYiW2YrpG6eivuIJNfsz3NxNs.jpg

Bear Arms.jpg

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

That's a good article... but does not say any of the people charged by McCarthy as being agents for the Soviets actually were. In fact the article says that he didn't know. Ike, I believe was the one that made mention that he liked what McCarthy was doing, but he didn't like his tactics. If Soviet agents were working to undermine the US, then year they should be rooted out.... but you have to root them out legally, respecting the rights all Americans expect... and as far as private citizens, they're "hands off," unless they are also working to undermine the government; simply being a Communist is not reason enough for persecution.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    There is no doubt there were left wing communist subversives working in the government then. McCarthy was just a bumbler at finding them, his overzealous, guessing, shotgun approach was prone to errors and therefore criticism.

Last edited:

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    That's a good article... but does not say any of the people charged by McCarthy as being agents for the Soviets actually were. In fact the article says that he didn't know. Ike, I believe was the one that made mention that he liked what McCarthy was doing, but he didn't like his tactics. If Soviet agents were working to undermine the US, then year they should be rooted out.... but you have to root them out legally, respecting the rights all Americans expect... and as far as private citizens, they're "hands off," unless they are also working to undermine the government; simply being a Communist is not reason enough for persecution.
    "The government was the workplace of perhaps 100 communist agents in 1943-45. He just didn't know their names."
    "The Venona documents indicate that there were perhaps a dozen Soviet agents in the State Department alone. "

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    "The government was the workplace of perhaps 100 communist agents in 1943-45. He just didn't know their names."
    "The Venona documents indicate that there were perhaps a dozen Soviet agents in the State Department alone. "

"Perhaps" and "indicate" aren't typically the words used to get convictions. You locking people up on a "perhaps?" That's real talk. I think words like "confirmation" and "proven," are what we should want to see, before taking something as fact.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    [snip]
    If I accused 100 people of being [STRIKE]anti-semites[/STRIKE] [racist], and 5 of that 100 are actual [STRIKE]anti-semites[/STRIKE] [racists], does that make me right, or does that make me a person who's throwing crap against a wall hoping it will stick to someone.

:whistle:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom