Not open for further replies.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    dom1vl9ydag11.jpg

Good question.

What does Narcan cost if you had to purchase it like insulin?

Jerchap2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2013
    Central Indiana
    39221279_1996803987048488_973024797959127040_n.jpg

I really do not understand why security clearances are not revoked once people leave government. When I leave a company, I no longer have access to their networks; my access is revoked. To me that makes sense. Why should it be any different in the public sector than in the private sector? :dunno:

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    If you are a Peon they do

We used to sing the MI song.

Please debrief me let me go,
    'cause I don't have the need to go.

Actually when I went from one unit to another they only read me off my SCI access. I retained my TS clearance. When I got to a new unit, if they had an open slot I would be read in there.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    If you are a Peon they do

We used to sing the MI song.

'cause I don't have the need to go.

Actually when I went from one unit to another they only read me off my SCI access. I retained my TS clearance. When I got to a new unit, if they had an open slot I would be read in there.

Don't you mean...

'cause I don't have the need to know.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I really do not understand why security clearances are not revoked once people leave government. When I leave a company, I no longer have access to their networks; my access is revoked. To me that makes sense. Why should it be any different in the public sector than in the private sector? :dunno:

That's not how it works. Just because you have a security clearance doesn't mean you have access willy-nilly to sensitive information at will. It means that sensitive information can potentially be discussed with you (i.e. advising a president/director/department). So the revocation of such, lacking legal/criminal wrongdoing, is more punitive than anything.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Right!? So sensitive information can be leaked without the fear of legal issues from his moles who still have access to that information.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Like others have said, just because you have a clearance that doesn't just give you access to the information - it's not like network access.

Plus, adding you to a company network takes minutes, get clearance takes weeks (months?).

And, you can't use your Acme network credentials at a different job, clearance is clearance no matter who the employer is.

Lots of folks who don't work directly for the govt. have clearance.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Like others have said, just because you have a clearance that doesn't just give you access to the information - it's not like network access.

Plus, adding you to a company network takes minutes, get clearance takes weeks (months?).

And, you can't use your Acme network credentials at a different job, clearance is clearance no matter who the employer is.

Lots of folks who don't work directly for the govt. have clearance.

[video=youtube;MQ9iPTu_FMA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQ9iPTu_FMA[/video]

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    That's not how it works. Just because you have a security clearance doesn't mean you have access willy-nilly to sensitive information at will. It means that sensitive information can potentially be discussed with you (i.e. advising a president/director/department). So the revocation of such, lacking legal/criminal wrongdoing, is more punitive than anything.

This is mostly correct cut. Access is the key. Any clearance can be suspended or revoked at will by the granting authority. When I was young I drank too much one night. I almost got my clearance revoked and lost my job. I stopped drinking completely and all was good. If a person has any of a multitude of character flaws, has any specific vulnerability or if the issuing authority just doesn't like you or your attitude, bye, bye clearance.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom