Central Indiana
    38469354_2034015016660605_8615049301594210304_n.jpg

Jerchap2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2013
    Central Indiana
    Remind me again what wealth they gave up?

I knew someone would nitpick when I posted this. It is not a direct comparison, but more subtle than that. They didn't technically give up their wealth, but turned over running all the Trump businesses and became servants of the people when they had nothing to gain financially. Contrast that with the Clinton foundation, pay for play, and how they have become wealthy through influence peddling, etc.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    What is that $250K annually? Where does that rank in comparison to everything he kept? Where does rank in comparison what was spent campaigning? Seems like a small price for virtue signalling.

Contrast that with how much wealth the Clintons or Obama gave up [zero$]. Next contrast how much those two arguably profited since leaving "public service"

Hillary said they left the whitehouse $16million in debt. Currently Bill has a net worth of $80million and The Hag was worth $45million when she ran for president and the Klepton Foundation was worth $298million that year

Obama started out as a professor making $85000 per year and his net worth is now $20million ($10.8million made while he was president)

Trump's current net worth is put at $3.5billion, down $200million since taking office

All numbers from Forbes

We'll have to wait until after 2024 to truly make a valid comparison, though
    ;)

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Channeling again.

Actually it is $400,000 for a four year term, $100,000 per year and $25,000 a quarter. He has thus far put $125,000 above his taxes back into the US government.

Libs argue that taxes are not enough. You can donate all you want.

Mr. Trump has a lot of detractors and a lot of foibles, but one thing that he does do is keep his promises.

Personally, I enjoy watching the media chase his laser pointer.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    What is that $250K annually? Where does that rank in comparison to everything he kept? Where does rank in comparison what was spent campaigning? Seems like a small price for virtue signalling.

Of all of Trump's good traits, altruism has never been one.

Woops. And here I thought this was the funny pictures thread instead of the political discussion thread....Er, wait!

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...pictures-discussion-thread-5.html#post7599028

:):

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom