• ...and so much more!
  • j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    If someone is unconscious from alcohol poisoning, I'm not supposed to dial 911? Who are you recommending to call?

Some are missing the point. The unknown events prior to the video do not defend the officer's actions. No one should ever be dragged down a flight of stairs by a public servant.

"I WILL PRESERVE THE DIGNITY AND WILL RESPECT THE RIGHTS OF ALL INDIVIDUALS"

"I WILL ACT WITH HONESTY, COURTESY AND REGARD FOR THE WELFARE OF OTHERS, AND WILL ENDEAVOUR TO DEVELOP THE ESPRIT DE CORPS"

So much for that ethical oath.

It appeared the our drunk was unconscious when he needed to be. Drunks have a way in doing that.

I have never took your "Ethical oath" Nor have I ever even heard of it.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    Here we go again. :rolleyes: I respect the people who pay my salary, but that respect stops when they start making blanket bull**** statements on the internet.

X2:yesway: There seems to be a lot of that on here. Notice also it is always the same four to six guys. I am inclined to think they wanted,maybe even attempted to become cops but somehow failed to make the grade. I dunno.

Last edited:

Martin Draco

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    After all the news reports of people dying accidentally in police custody and college aged kids dying from alcohol poisoning, I would think officers responding to a situation like this would have this kids safety be there top priority, if for no other reason but to safeguard their own butts.
    I'm sure there is more to there story but it really doesn't look good from what I can see.
    We don't like to think about taxpayer money and police resources being waisted but what if this kid would have died while in police custody? After this video came out, you better believe his family would've won a lawsuit or at least gotten one helluva settlement. That's money spent on resources to investigate this matter, all sorts of administrative fees, legal fee's, and payout for the family. I'm not casting judgement on these officer because just from the short video we don't get the whole story. When in a situation like this where it's basically just dealing with the public they should ALWAYS act like there's a camera on them, because in todays society, there just might be.:twocents::dunno:

Last edited:

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    X2:yesway: There seems to be a lot of that on here. Notice also it is always the same four to six guys. I am inclined to think they wanted,maybe even attempted to become cops but somehow failed to make the grade. I dunno.

:):

why would I want to take a pay cut?
    I had everyone trying to get me to be a cop, NO THANKS! not for me. thanks to the good ones (j706 thats not you) who do it right.

exelh

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    Nashville
    I think that the fact that he continues to hang around this forum and attempts to shed some light on LE operations, despite the venom and hatred directed towards him and his fellow officers simply due to his profession, says volumes about his good character. You trying to silence his freedom of speech as an American citizen says volumes about your character as well, no matter how you are trying to do it.

I think it's good that an officer shares his perspective. Why you wish for the police to operate in secrecy is beyond me. Perhaps you are confused. It does take some mental expenditure to be able to think of people as individuals, rather than taking the intellectually lazy route of lumping an entire group together.

Yeah, Frank is a fine guy till you voice your opinion, or exercise your first ammendment right, then he insults you. His first reply to my post called it Bull***, and you say I am trying to silence his freedom of speech? There is nothing i said in that first post that was untrue. It was mostly my opinion which is shared be many other citizens.

This is my post:
    Can't believe people are actually defending these cops on here. Not all cops are bad, however the good ones need to start calling out the bads ones, they refuse to, so they get all lumped together. Look at the Bissard case, didn't the FOP vote to defend him? They certainly had his back at the scene.

This is just typical of the lack of respect a lot of cops show to the citizens who pay thier salaries. And they don't understand why people don't trust them.

I said: not all cops are bad
    I said: the good ones need to start calling out the bad ones, they refuse to do so.
    I referenced the Bissard case
    And I explained from a citizens viewpoint why people don't like or trust cops

What was the problem?

I remember a time when a popular police motto was "to protect and serve" from my point of view, they have forgotten that. If they want citizens to look at them differently, they are going to have to change how they interact with thier communities.

One other thing, there are plenty of instances in Frank's history where he defended the cop and questioned the citizen. Just look at the thread about Circle Center Mall. I didn't have to look far, no i didn't read all 1000+ post of his, didn't have to.

exelh

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    Nashville

See, someone exercises thier freedom of speech, and you have people insulting them. Can't have civil discourse can you? I have never insulted anyone on this site, not sure why you feel the need to.

Hoosier9

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Yeah, Frank is a fine guy till you voice your opinion, or exercise your first ammendment right, then he insults you. His first reply to my post called it Bull***, and you say I am trying to silence his freedom of speech? There is nothing i said in that first post that was untrue. It was mostly my opinion which is shared be many other citizens.

This is my post:
    Can't believe people are actually defending these cops on here. Not all cops are bad, however the good ones need to start calling out the bads ones, they refuse to, so they get all lumped together. Look at the Bissard case, didn't the FOP vote to defend him? They certainly had his back at the scene.

This is just typical of the lack of respect a lot of cops show to the citizens who pay thier salaries. And they don't understand why people don't trust them.

I said: the good ones need to start calling out the bad ones, they refuse to do so.

What was the problem?

I remember a time when a popular police motto was "to protect and serve" from my point of view, they have forgotten that. If they want citizens to look at them differently, they are going to have to change how they interact with thier communities.

One other thing, there are plenty of instances in Frank's history where he defended the cop and questioned the citizen.
    Just look at the thread about Circle Center Mall. I didn't have to look far, no i didn't read all 1000+ post of his, didn't have to.

Is the citizen always right?

(BTW, cops are citizens, too.)

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Personally, I respect Frank. He seems to have a level head, seems mindful of people's rights, and doesn't post endlessly about how only those with something to hide would exercise those rights. He doesn't demonstrate contempt toward those he is supposed to serve.

Unlike some others.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    :):

why would I want to take a pay cut?
    I had everyone trying to get me to be a cop, NO THANKS! not for me. thanks to the good ones (j706 thats not you) who do it right.
    It has to do with being dedicated to a principal.
    When I took the job over thirty nine years ago I truly believed that I could make a difference.
    I believe that I did.
    I meet people every week that remember something good that I did for them.
    Honestly, I don't remember most of them. I dealt with thousands of people over the years.
    Most were good, honest, people who simply made a mistake or needed help with a problem.
    A few were the scum of the earth and would have served Society better if they'd died at birth and been used for fertilizer. :noway:
    Like I've stated.
    I've never regretted joining the Law enforcement Profession.
    BTW
    I took a substantial pay cut to become an LEO.
    It was worth every lost penny. :rockwoot:

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    It IS a chosen profession.
    Yup, just like being married. Just like my wife and kids are a part of me, so is my "chosen profession". I can no less separate myself from being an LEO then I could from my family. It is a part of me, it is part of who I am. Just like there are ups/downs with a marriage, there are the same with being an LEO. People throw out the term, "If you don't like it get another job" when we complain. When I took my wedding vows I meant it, I'm in it for the long haul, same for my profession. Hopefully being an LEO won't be the death of me.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan

This is my post:

What was the problem?

One other thing, there are plenty of instances in Frank's history where he defended the cop and questioned the citizen. Just look at the thread about Circle Center Mall. I didn't have to look far, no i didn't read all 1000+ post of his, didn't have to.
    Ok newbie, maybe you SHOULD do some more searching. I know Frank, from having worked with him, and it is obvious that you do not. If you were a member for more than a minute and read his posts with an open mind, you would figure out what the rest of us already know, he's a good officer. I am not sure why I feel the need to defend him to YOU but I do never the less. Just because we do not instantly jump on all the "bad cop" bandwagons here is not an indicator of a cover-up. We have learned the hard way that what we see from the media or on partial video's isn't always what really happened. The public quickly forgets "innocent until proven guilty" when it comes to LEO's. Just because we do not join the internet lynching does not mean we will always side with the LEO's.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    When I took the job over thirty nine years ago I truly believed that I could make a difference.
    I believe that I did.
    Honestly, I don't remember most of them. I dealt with thousands of people over the years.
    Most were good, honest, people who simply made a mistake or needed help with a problem.
    A few were the scum of the earth and would have served Society better if they'd died at birth and been used for fertilizer. :noway:
    Like I've stated.
    BTW
    There is nothing better than catching a true bad guy. I caught a burglar after some investigating and a confession and was able to call the victim to tell them I had arrested the person who kicked his door in just a few hours prior. THAT is why I love this job. All the political BS, of the political correctness, all the haters...none of it matters when the time comes to do what we are trained to do.

exelh

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    Nashville
    You cops sure do defend each other on here. Denny347, you are making my point for me. You all seem to be overlooking the fact that he fired back "Bull****" at me first. My original post was not out of line, he was.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    I believe that I did.
    Like I've stated.
    BTW

see you were meant to do that, not me. i have a lot of respect for people like you who take the oath seriously. but for him (j706) to suggest what he did is ridiculous

exelh

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    Nashville
    Denny347, you felt the need to insult me too, you called me newbie. More typical cop towards citizen attitude. Exactly what I am talking about.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    You cops sure do defend each other on here. Denny347, you are making my point for me. You all seem to be overlooking the fact that he fired back "Bull****" at me first. My original post was not out of line, he was.

Denny defending Frank was completely justified. Frank is a good cop, so is Denny and calling you a newbie isn't an insult, it's the truth...Read up on some of Franks posts and you will realize you are wrong about him.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East

dude, even the people here who dont jump on the "bandwagon" dont know what the heck your talking about. :dunno:

are you hurt that Frank said bull**** to you? is that what this is all about? do you have any evidence to prove he even said that? :):

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    Denny347, you felt the need to insult me too, you called me newbie. More typical cop towards citizen attitude. Exactly what I am talking about.

sorry man but you deserve the negative rep im about to issue you. wear it with pride, you earned it. :rolleyes: this dog just doesnt hunt. the sooner you realize that the sooner we can all get back to the real issue here.

P.S. your getting negative repped for insulting people who I respect who just happen to be police officers and do a good job at that too. Im not a cop, never wanna be a cop because its not in my dna, and have never been a cop. so you cant say im defending the blue line.

Last edited:

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy

images

Top Bottom