• ...and so much more!
  • Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    And yet, some of them are learning the lesson to disrespect and persecute lawful firearm carriers as common criminals anyway. If not at the academy, where is the most common place anyone learns how to conduct themselves on the job is… on the job… from coworkers.

I think this is due to maybe a lack of training on this subject (civilian carry) at the academy, not anti gun training. This had been discussed on INGO a while back and commented on by some resident Leo's in the know about ILEA training. It's something that I know our resident LEO's have commented before about how at least they use any opportunity in the field to teach their fellow Leo's on the subject. Keep in mind it doesn't mean they will listen to them but we should applaud them for this effort! Heck, it's hard enough In a regular job to tell a coworker they just did something wrong, and here's a better way. Some people are not up for constructive criticism, so anyone who takes the chance to teach this is outstanding in my book!

Ill ad that there is a HUGE difference in An officer who knowingly harasses legal gun owners and one who just is not up on the laws surrounding it who just makes an innocent mistake.

To us civilian gun owners who carry it seems like a no brainier one of the most important set of laws a cop should be knowledgable about. But In reality take into consideration all of the laws they must learn or know how to reference and confronting legal gun owners is probly not a regular occurence on their daily routine.
    I used to be angry on this topic but have since looked at it from their standpoint and there's good explanations that satisfied me. Even most citizens are uneducated on the right to keep and bear arms!!

Last edited:

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    When I was in the academy the only class we had related to this topic was spotting a armed person...carrying concealed of course. Keep in mind ILEA or any other academy is just a bare bones crash course for the most basic of the basic. The real learning happens on the FTO and continues throughout a career. A department sets the tempo for how a officer goes about their business. I can often tell what agency some guys work for just by how they act and think about things.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom