• ...and so much more!
  • RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    Looks like two of them (oops I didnt spot the left one when I marked this). the backside of the left one shows DO NOT ENTER form the cruisers perspective.
    stopsign_zps510da8aa.jpg

Last edited:

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I can't speak for the others that asked about it but as for myself I'm the type that likes to know the whole story. The reason he was stopped in no way takes away from his actions. They were deplorable. I was simply curious as to what he did wrong to warrant being stopped. The story given doesn't jive (from what I saw, anyway) with the video. :dunno:

Wanting a complete set of answers to who, what, when, where, why, and how seems reasonable enough. Unfortunately, we are condemned to being pigeonholed into one of two categories: Either we are cop-haters who want to see anyone who has ever possessed a badge to be shot, run down with a motor vehicle, or swinging from a five-stranded hemp rope or else police worshipers who don't care how many innocents, children, puppies, and kittens have to die so long as the officers go home safe at the end of their shift. Unfortunately, middle of the road expectations of accountability (particularly in terms of working within the Constitution) while still allowing for police to be able to manage to do their job doesn't seem to be an accepted position.

That said, you still made a commendable effort to address the fact of the matter and raise a reasonable question. Kudos to RobbyMaQ for providing the answer to that reasonable question.

TheReaper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2012
    Southeastern IN
    So a guy tries to murder 2 cops and the most pressing discussion is why he was stopped in the first place?

Isn't this true? The first thing members on this site try to do is find something that the police did wrong when the guy gets out with a semi automatic rifle and opens up.:rolleyes:

I bet rambone, jbombelli and mrjarrell made contributions to the shooters burial fund.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    So a guy tries to murder 2 cops and the most pressing discussion is why he was stopped in the first place?

Yep. We RARELY get the WHOLE story about anything in life. And sometimes having all the facts complicates, rather than simplifies, analysis.

My guess is they were looking for him already. Who reacts to a routine traffic stop by jumping out of the car and opening fire on the officers? Odd.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Isn't this true? The first thing members on this site try to do is find something that the police did wrong when the guy gets out with a semi automatic rifle and opens up.:rolleyes:

Yep, the first thing took 10 replies before someone you interpreted as blaming the cops. :rolleyes:

I bet rambone, jbombelli and mrjarrell made contributions to the shooters burial fund.

:dunno:

Oh, and that was the furthest thing that I have seen of being "suicide by cop." That $h!t bag was trying to murder the officers.

So would you be satisfied if he said "murder-suicide" instead of "suicide"? It was said because the guy fired at police and then appeared to "Tebow" as was mentioned and await the onslaught of lead. That is where the suicide by police comment came in. Yeesh.

Posting in these type of threads is always tricky. It gets old having to preface comments with "of course this is awful and I hope the police are fine, but...". I think it can safely be assumed that no one here has advocated in defense of this idiot. To me, questioning the stop isn't to suggest the police were randomly pulling people over, but more of a "it didn't seem like the guy did anything wrong and yet this was how he reacted" type of thing.

Frank, that is a valid angle to this story. You know everything is analyzed to the Nth degree on INGO. It questions the recorded account of the event, not the actions of the police.

Last edited:

TheReaper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2012
    Southeastern IN
    Yep, the first thing took 10 replies before someone you interpreted as blaming the cops. :rolleyes:

:dunno:

So would you be satisfied if he said "murder-suicide" instead of "suicide"? It was said because the guy fired at poliec and then appeared to "Tebow" as was mentioned and await the onslaught of led. That is where the suicide by police comment came in. Yeesh.

Posting in these type of threads is always tricky. It gets old having to preface comments with "of course this is awful and I hope the police are fine, but...". I think it can safely be assumed that no one here has advocated in defense of this idiot. To me, questioning the stop isn't to suggest the police were randomly pulling people over, but more of a "it didn't seem like the guy did anything wrong and yet this was how he reacted" type of thing.

Frank, that is a valid angle to this story. You know everything is analyzed to the Nth degree on INGO. It questions the recorded account of the event, not the actions of the police.

There's plenty of people here that "advocate in defense of this idiot." Their hatred for the police doesn't allow them to do anything else.

And yes, they're trying to make it look as if the officers were randomly pulling people over, so they can blame the officers for causing the shooting.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Looks like two of them (oops I didnt spot the left one when I marked this). the backside of the left one shows DO NOT ENTER form the cruisers perspective.
    stopsign_zps510da8aa.jpg

Thanks. I couldn't see that in the video. That clears that up.

Ahhh... I see the INGO hating troll has shown up. What would you say you do here, badge bunny?

There's plenty of people here that "advocate in defense of this idiot." Their hatred for the police doesn't allow them to do anything else.

And yes, they're trying to make it look as if the officers were randomly pulling people over, so they can blame the officers for causing the shooting.

Other than trolling, and hating on the membership that is?

Nobody has advocated in defense of this guy. Nobody. But that doesn't stop you from trollin' and hatin', does it?

92LX

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Wow!!!

That was crazy.

The officers are lucky to be alive. Does any know were Savage was hit? The article says he was injured by gunfire as well, but it could have been glass fragments or something else too maybe.

29 rounds from Savage is pretty good in light of taking incoming from an AK at 15 yards. Was that probably his service pistol with a reload or do you suppose he had an AR handy?

Glad the officers made it through.

I looked like the initial barrage of AK fire was low and hit the front of the car. The engine probably won't start again, but probably saved those officers lives.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    WTF do you want me to talk about then? Should I be tearing my clothes and wailing at the top of my lungs at the horror of his actions? Should I be condemning him to a deeper hell than his current lodgings?

I know, I'll go on a hunger strike in protest of his actions.

:rolleyes:

stopsign_zps510da8aa.jpg

Thanks for that. I didn't go down to street view, just determined that it was the same intersection. I guess I didn't think a right hand turn like that would be a stop. Yield maybe. But not a stop. Good find. Thanks again. And he for sure blew right through it.

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    WTF do you want me to talk about then? Should I be tearing my clothes and wailing at the top of my lungs at the horror of his actions? Should I be condemning him to a deeper hell than his current lodgings?

I know, I'll go on a hunger strike in protest of his actions.

:rolleyes:

I vote for tearing of clothes only if you post the video. ;)
    Hunger strike takes too long and it's no fun.
    Thank you for your consideration.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Does anyone know what type of rifle was he using? AR or AK?
    the article said he has a 40 round 'magazine' on the rifle. Anyone know how many rounds he fired?
    looks like when he kneel the rifle may have jammed or he was re-racking it? :dunno:
    were the officers wearing vest?
    from the report one officer was shot in hand, not sure about the other.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    After reading the comments and watching the vid, I too noticed the white painted stop line. That's a funky intersection though, and I supposed it could've been a yield or something. So to be sure I did the street map view.

Pull someone over for running a stop sign, and wind up with an AK blasting at you with zero warning? I do not envy you guys (leo's). Really puts the stresses of my day job into perspective. I am glad no one else was killed.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Does anyone know what type of rifle was he using? AR or AK?
    the article said he has a 40 round 'magazine' on the rifle. Anyone know how many rounds he fired?
    looks like when he kneel the rifle may have jammed or he was re-racking it? :dunno:
    were the officers wearing vest?
    from the report one officer was shot in hand, not sure about the other.

Thought I read shooter fired 33 rounds...it looks like when he kneeled he took some shots from officers to the gut, or perhaps thats why he kneeled....then he was in pain, tried racking and shooting a few more times and then a officer got more stable and unleashed hell on him....

Top Bottom