• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dwh79

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 20, 2008
    Wanamaker/ Acton
    Yeah let's see a guy comes at you with a knife do you pull taser or pull firearm. I think i would trust firearm to stop the threat more reliably than a taser. A shame it had to come to that but if you are that ill that you would charge a officer with a knife then you should be in a facility. We need to bring back mental health hospitals like we used to have (not meaning ran as poorly but a place for people to live and be taken care of).

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    "Something else could've been done besides killing him. I believe he had a mental problem. I believe that he knew that. The police knew that he was not in his right mind," said a neighbor. "You know a Taser would have stopped him."
    Here's some expert speculation for you: "You KNOW a taser would've stopped him". Easy to play monday-morning-QB when it's not your skin in the game.

Anyone want to bet on whether there will be riots over another 'unjustified' police shooting?

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    "Something else could've been done besides killing him. I believe he had a mental problem. I believe that he knew that. The police knew that he was not in his right mind," said a neighbor. "You know a Taser would have stopped him."
    Here's some expert speculation for you: "You KNOW a taser would've stopped him". Easy to play monday-morning-QB when it's not your skin in the game.

Anyone want to bet on whether there will be riots over another 'unjustified' police shooting?

I believe the deceased is white. So I doubt it

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    Yeah let's see a guy comes at you with a knife do you pull taser or pull firearm. I think i would trust firearm to stop the threat more reliably than a taser. A shame it had to come to that but if you are that ill that you would charge a officer with a knife then you should be in a facility. We need to bring back mental health hospitals like we used to have (not meaning ran as poorly but a place for people to live and be taken care of).

I sure think the officer should be given a hero's citation. NO officer should have to be in a position where they are required to put their life in danger to satisfy political correctness.

I remember when the mental hospitals were closed. Most of the persons in these facilities were filled with persons committed by the courts due to the fact they were found to be unable to care for themselves. The liberals went to court and sued to have all persons released that were not PROVEN to be a risk to themselves or others. The quantity of homeless skyrocketed as many that were "released" did not have the capability to integrate into society. Prior to this they were housed and fed and their basic needs were fulfilled by the hospitals. I am sure many if not most did not feel they were mistreated in the hospitals. There may have been some hospitals that were ran poorly, but I think most were doing their best to insure their patients were fed, kept warm and given health care.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom