• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nate77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Bunker Hill
    Oh yeah, I forgot about that. The slide doesn't lock back on the LCP either — only the TCP. What'd you do with your TCP when it wouldn't feed: just get rid of it?

I've ran FMJ, Speer Gold Dots, Winchester PDX1's, and I've never had any feeding issues. When I first got my TCP, it did have extraction problems, but a trip to Taurus cleared that up, it now runs perfect.

I carry the little thing everywhere; it is so nice to just throw it in your pocket, and go.

Also FYI to the OP, Buds has the TCP for $244, which is an insanely good price for two mags, and a last round hold open.

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    My vote would be the Kel Tec but I prefer the 9mm over the .380 but both will do the job. I also am learning to really like the S&W 642. My first J frame and it does very well in the pocket.

Mr. Neal

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 7, 2011
    Northern Indiana
    I have a taurus pt111 the "old" millenium version.. Its not quite a pocket pistol but its super slim and compact. It's my everyday carry gun. Did I mention it holds ten rounds!? But like turn key said.. Revolver is the way to go. RELIABILITY..

AutoMovt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    Pistols I have CC in the front pocket of jeans, cargo pants/shorts
    Glock 27
    Kimber Ultra Carry II
    Colt 380 Government
    TCP

blaster2

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I have read a lot of negative feedback from people regarding the Taurus TCP's reliability. However, I have shot a couple hundred rounds through two TCP's and they functioned perfectly. When I went to the gun store I couldn't make myself buy the Taurus over the Ruger name. So I bought the LCP and I have never had a malfunction with it. That said, I shoot the Taurus better with its sites. The slide stays open on the last ejected round with the Taurus and it comes with two magazines instead of one.

mmorph55

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Lafayette
    Had the LCP and upgraded to the sig P238....the difference is amazing. Also with the extended mag you get a full grip and an extra round, which gives it the full size fill

Balinor

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2008
    I have a LCP as my current "always with me carry". I have many choices available and its been everything that its supposed to be for me. The question on the slide locking back on last round is a thing, but only if you carry an extra mag with you. Many many people do not carry an additional magazine with a pocket gun. Like I started this post its my always with me firearm, but not normally my primary.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    I pocket carry an LCP, and have never had any issues with reliability. My wifes choice for pocket carry was a S&W bodyguard 380, and she loves it. (her normal daily carry is a PF-9, and the size difference is noticeable). Both have been reliable, and accurate enough to put bullets in the boiler room at 7 yds consistently. Not much more can be asked of a pocket BUG.

Top Bottom