• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    A lot of ND's happen sliding them back into a pocket, etc. Commonly attributed to Glocks... but I doubt that it's them alone. Seems much safer to me to cover the trigger. Again - to each their own. I actually use a Sticky pocket holster for my CM9.

It wasn't that long ago, someone started a thread about a guy that was bowling and shot himself in the leg. He was carrying a revolver in his pocket. It just went off, maybe keys in the pocket, bowling ball hit it. Who knows, but I will pocket carry with a holster. Oh, and by the way, thanks INGO for all the posts.:ingo:

mbaza3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Nov 21, 2009
    Arizona
    I have a RKBA leather pocket holster with the flat bottom. The draw is smooth and it has held up well. If I do not use my kydex pocket holster I will grab the RKBA.

rp8

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 23, 2012
    Highland, Indiana
    I have a RKBA leather pocket holster with the flat bottom. The draw is smooth and it has held up well. If I do not use my kydex pocket holster I will grab the RKBA.

How does the RKBA compare in thickness to the kydex? Trying to keep this as thin as possible. And with your kydex holster, how well does it stay in the pocket during a draw? Thanks!

mbaza3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Nov 21, 2009
    Arizona
    I use the Kydex since it is much thinner than the leather and it takes up less space in my pocket than the leather RKBA. I can get a full grip on the pistol in my pocket with the Kydex holster. The RKBA does not allow me to grip the pistol as easily in my pocket since it is a little taller than the Kydex holster.

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    I have used one of the below pocket holsters for my 380 for a couple of years and really like it. I can get a full grip on the pistol in my pocket for a smooth easy draw. I tried nylon and leather pocket holsters but I prefer Kydex.

Holsters

So, do you have to do anything special to get the gun to seperate from the holster when you draw? How tight is that kydex?

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I now use a Mika holster for my revolver.

My first pocket holster was an Uncle Mike's. #3, I believe. The Mika isn't small, but it's very well made and has a reinforced mouth. Not a huge deal in a pocket holster, though, but it also ensures it won't fold in on itself. The exterior is also stout enough to hide the outline of a gun in a pocket. Yeah, you can tell there's something in there - but not what it is.

mbaza3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Nov 21, 2009
    Arizona
    So, do you have to do anything special to get the gun to seperate from the holster when you draw? How tight is that kydex?

Nope. I reach into my pocket, grip the pistol and pull it out in a smooth motion keeping my finger away from the trigger. The draw is smooth and the holster stays in my pocket.

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    Nope. I reach into my pocket, grip the pistol and pull it out in a smooth motion keeping my finger away from the trigger. The draw is smooth and the holster stays in my pocket.

Thanks. Looks like a good option. And thanks again to all. A lot to choose from.:yesway:

BJones

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Noblesville/Westfld
    I have been using a Mika pocket holster everyday for 5 years and it has held up well. They are reinforced at the top for easy reholstering. I can highly recommend them.

Cam

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Tipton County
    I have several pocket holsters that I use depending on the gun. I have one of the Uncle George holsters for my LCP and P3AT, I like it a lot. Use a Stays Put from Concealment Specialties for my Kahr CM40 and a Safariland pocket holster for my J frame.

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    I have used one of the below pocket holsters for my 380 for a couple of years and really like it. I can get a full grip on the pistol in my pocket for a smooth easy draw. I tried nylon and leather pocket holsters but I prefer Kydex.

Holsters

Tough choices! I ordered this, and then went to Midway and ordered the DeSantis too. Uncle George doesn't make a pocket holster for the P238, but they did look nice.:)

BJones

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Noblesville/Westfld
    I just recieved a Galco Pocket Protector as a gift, and it looks like a great pocket holster. It stays in the pocket very well and has a reinforced opening for easy re-holstering.

Top Bottom