• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • heffe3434

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 12, 2011
    NE Indianapolis
    I carry a Mustang in an Uncle Mikes and I have a friend that carries a LCP in a desantis. IMHO i think they are equal in function but the desantis will probably last longer.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I carry a bodyguard 380 in a pocket holster. I currently have uncle mikes and not real impressed with it. are the desantis any better

Only slightly. The DeSantis "Nemesis" is generally the same size and shape as the UM Size 1 pocket holster, but is constructed of slightly stiffer material. It also has a tacky texture all over the outside to help keep the holster in the pocket, rather than just a strip of rough stuff around the middle.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I ordered a Remora for my Tomcat. Forget I am wearing it IWB.

For IWB I would +1 the Remora.

I have also worn the DeSantis Superfly with the Tomcat years ago and while the Remora is similar, it seemed the DeSantis stayed in the pocket better. YMMV as I carried the Tomcat daily in pocket with the DeSantis and may have gotten used to grabbing it a certain way that allowed the holster to stay in the pocket. I have only worn the Remora inside the pocket a few times as I prefer IWB. For me when i grab the gun, the holster and pocket all want to come out.

They make a version that has a stiffer lining to make reholstering IWB easier. That version may stay in the pocket better.

Armed-N-Ready

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    Have you tried a wallet holster?

I took the plunge and bought a Talon Wallet Holster and I'll never look back. One of the most comfortable and well concealed holsters I own. I carry my TCP in it all the time now.

Txlur

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Aug 17, 2011
    NWI
    I'm not too keen on how the firearm will rotate if the pocket isn't super tight (I know, wear different pants, right?). My desantis is ok for the LCP in jeans, but not shorts. It's acceptable for what it is.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I use a Sticky holster, (that's the brand name, not an adjective,) and it works great for me.

I like my sticky holsters. Not so much for a front pocket, but they work well in the side pocket of cargo pants. 95% of the time I use mine IWB with a good belt.

I carry my J-frame in a Mika Pocket Holster. Well made... Also very well regarded.
    -J-

I have a Mika as well. It is nice holster and depending on what pants I am wearing fits well. I like it in the pockets of jeans/pants provided the pockets are deep. Otherwise there is not enough retention for my taste.

jojoa55

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2010
    Evansville
    I have been pretty happy with my Nemesis. I carry my lcp in it in left front pocket. keeps the gun upright, trigger covered, stays in pocket when i draw the gun. does everything i ask of it. IMO a good $20 spent

coltgun

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2013
    Talon makes great pocket holsters, as does stoner, and pocketholsters.com, all leather no wait, aqll back pocket wallet holsters, no print 40-60 bucks, all will last a lifetime...

Last edited:

AlwaysVigilant

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2013
    Michigan, by way of Indianapolis
    I bought an el cheapo Blackhawk pocket holster for my J frame when I first got it. I haven't replaced it, it works.

For the P290RS, I use a Nemesis...its a nice holster, but doesn't stay in the from pocket real well...its brand new though and is a little tight still.

Top Bottom