• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Chris08110

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    +1 on the LCP. Great size for deep conceal. Usually forget that it's there. Been thinking about an SR9C though just for a little more umph. The power and penetration of the 380acp worries me at times....usually in the winter when more clothes and jackets are needed. Might be overthinking it.....anything is better than nothing and you were asking about pocket guns. Not sure the SR9C qualifies as a "pocket" gun.

Kray

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Ruger LCP. I like it because I never feel like I can't carry it. A .45 ain't going to do any good if you don't have it with you. A .380 beats nothing every time in my book. Also, a Glock 26 if I have a little more freedom to conceal. Not quite a pocket carry though.
    Cheers.

Kray

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Oh, and mine has been very, very reliable. Never failed to perform and so far has eaten everything I have fed it.

goldsmithr3

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Pocket guns

My most recent favorite pocket gun is an AMT .380 Backup. It's a single action, but I like the combinaton of grip and thumb safety. I really don't like the field stripping procedure. Overall it's been reliable, accurate, rust free, and sufficiently tightly designed that it's difficult to get any debris inside the weapon.

I also like the Kel-Tec P3AT. This is a lot of gun for the money, light weight, available in rust resistant finish, and it almost disappears in a pocket holster. I'm a little concerned about all of the openings in the lower slide, but don't seem to have a "dust bunny" problem. The LCP is similar, but of a more closed design.

Take care.

1911 mike

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    3rd rock from the sun
    I like the Sig P238 or the Kel-Tec P11. The Kel-Tec can carry 11 rounds of 9MM and the Sig,380 with 7 rounds. I carry the Sig with a Colt Mustang mag which gives me an extra round over the stock Sig mag. Both are great back ups, and you could be very happy with either one.

wahlspyder

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 13, 2010
    Some of you must have some huge pockets - lol. Biggest I can get away with is Kahr P380. Can sometimes sneak it into a front pocket, but usually it sits in a wallet holster just barely covered by most of my hip pockets

Delmar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Goshen IN
    Some of you must have some huge pockets - lol. Biggest I can get away with is Kahr P380. Can sometimes sneak it into a front pocket, but usually it sits in a wallet holster just barely covered by most of my hip pockets
    I have one insulated vest with pockets so big I can conceal a Hi Point .45 in either pocket. That would however require that I get a second Hi Point or a sand bag or something to counterweight the other side.:D

leedawg77

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2010
    Lafayette, IN
    Bersa 380 (Firestorm or Thunder) makes a good cheap pocket option in my opinion. Light, but solid made. From close range a 380 is as effective as the shooter makes it. I've had absolutely no issues with mine from the beginning. Might be in the minority there, but no jams, nothing. I've had some issues with my Kel-Tec P11 and even my SIG P229.

silkpoet

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 6, 2010
    SW Indiana
    I carry a p32 in my pocket or clipped inside waistband. My jacket/coat/cargo pants (no laughs and the cargo pants!) gun is my Glock 19. Some of the new pocket holsters for the p32 result in almost no printing of the outline and the corner clip that you can get for them means you can basically wear jogging trunks and a tee shirt and still be protecting yourself!

Top Bottom