• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Best Pocket Pistol (Kel-Tec vs. Ruger) ?

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

Chefcook

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Raccoon City
    I voted "other". My current pocket gun is a Colt Pony Pocketlite .380, to be replaced with a Kahr P380 once they become more readily available. SIG P238 would be another excellent option in that size/weight class, and all three smoke the P32/P3AT/LCP when it comes to shootability and accuracy.

My :twocents:

I handled a Kahr P380 at Elmore's the other day and I was seriously not impressed. I would take the LCP over the Kahr at less than half the money. Other than the Sig and Kahr being close in price there is no other comparison between the two...

Last edited:

swmp9jrm

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2008
    NCO
    Taurus PT-709

vws8w7.jpg

WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    Another vote for the LCP!

It has been my pocket gun for a while now, I love it. I recommend an Armalaser to go along with it. I used to have a Kel-Tec PF-9, it was a decent gun, but too big to pocket carry in my opinion.

I carry it in a Desantis Nemesis loaded with Hornady Critical Defense.

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    While the fit and finish is better on the ruger, the Kel tec is about an inch longer on the grip than the ruger both function well, so it just comes down to preference.

revance

Expert
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Zionsville
    I love my LCP, I would really like to try a P238.

I got to play with one of the new Magnum Research 380s the other day and thought it was pretty cool... except the trigger. The trigger was VERY heavy and inconsistent. The weight of the trigger changed depending on where in the pull you are. I loved the fit and finish of it, and it was surprisingly light for being stainless. However I couldn't put up with that trigger.

jesse485

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    La Porte
    I voted "other". My current pocket gun is a Colt Pony Pocketlite .380, to be replaced with a Kahr P380 once they become more readily available. SIG P238 would be another excellent option in that size/weight class, and all three smoke the P32/P3AT/LCP when it comes to shootability and accuracy.

My :twocents:
    You ever shoot a P32? It is quite pleasant, and mine is quite accurate. Apparently, the Sig is having quite a few problems as well. But I do agree with you on the Kahr, if I go .380, that's the one I will switch to.

swmp9jrm

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2008
    NCO
    Im pretty sure he said pocket gun lol.

Fits in MY pocket just fine. Although most of the time I don't carry it that way - most of the time I use a Smartcarry.

You are correct that it is a bit borderline for pocket carry - certainly won't work in tight fit jeans!

selynn

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2009
    I have the LCP, the P-3AT and a Sig 238. I don't like the double action feeling of the Kel-tec and hate the sites (which there really are none) the LCP has a better feel (for me) and I am personally more accurate with it than the Keltec; but the Sig 238 is the one I carry. I am way more accurate with it than either of the others and like the SAO and love the sights. Most of my training is within the 25 feet or CLOSER but I can acutually hit the taget at 25 yards with the Sig. I am just better with the Sig=- HOWEVER, I do not carry it cocked and locked like a 1911. One is the chamber and as I pull the gun I cock the hammer, finger OFF the trigger until threat is aquired and verified, then you are ready to shoot. This may be right or maybe wrong it is just how I do it.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I carry a Bersa Thunder 380CC in a Soft Armor pocket holster. It's with me every day, even when I carry the 9mm on the belt. It does not print too badly and I have never had anyone notice it. I think it prints a bit, but I don't see it in the mirror though.

Top Bottom