• ...and so much more!
  • 88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I tried it, it doesn't matter, I still got the notification
    That's because that's not the option to turn off the PM notification. It's the option to turn off auto-quote within the PM message itself. Try it folks. Reply to a PM with that setting in the 'no' option. You will see the sender's message to you quoted in the body of your reply. Then change the option to 'yes' and reply to the same PM message. If I understand this correctly (and I just did this experiment with Bunnykid), you will NOT see the sender's message quoted in the body of your reply.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I just got a auto reply with the designated setting turned OFF...set to YES.

Even if that feature is something one would want, it doesn't work very well. It sends you to the top of the thread rather to the actual spot in the thread where you were quoted. It's not value added.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I just got a auto reply with the designated setting turned OFF...set to YES.

Even if that feature is something one would want, it doesn't work very well. It sends you to the top of the thread rather to the actual spot in the thread where you were quoted. It's not value added.
    Yes, I noticed this too. It's lame, but I can scroll down. I'd much rather not have to deal with the constant spamming of my inbox.

And I just changed the setting so someone quote me to see if it works correctly, please.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Yes, I noticed this too. It's lame, but I can scroll down. I'd much rather not have to deal with the constant spamming of my inbox.

And I just changed the setting so someone quote me to see if it works correctly, please.

Check...check...check.

Top Bottom