• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    What I hate about 22lr pistols is they all seem to hold only 10 rounds. Since reloading is a PITA, I prefer to pay more and plink with 9mm pistols, saving the 22lr ammo for my 10/22, which holds up to 25 rounds. Many 9mm pistols hold 17 rounds. Ruger P95 holds 15, and only costs $300 new.

If you know of an affordable 22lr pistol that holds more than 10 rounds please let me know, I might be interested if it comes threaded.

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    Ruger 22/45 can be had for less than 300. Have one and a single six, like them both. Single six's run a little more but will last forever and then some.

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    What I hate about 22lr pistols is they all seem to hold only 10 rounds. Since reloading is a PITA, I prefer to pay more and plink with 9mm pistols, saving the 22lr ammo for my 10/22, which holds up to 25 rounds. Many 9mm pistols hold 17 rounds. Ruger P95 holds 15, and only costs $300 new.

If you know of an affordable 22lr pistol that holds more than 10 rounds please let me know, I might be interested if it comes threaded.

:dunno:

Are you new to shooting???????

X ring

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 11, 2010
    I have a Ruger Mark ll, and Mrs. X Ring has a Browning Buckmark. Both guns shoot one ragged hole at seven yards.

looney2ns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Evansville, In
    I like the mk III responses, my problem has been finding one under $400. I haven't seen a buckmark, but I'd like to feel one of those too. I don't really care if the gun is similar to the 1911. I just want something that is fun to shoot, accurate, and will fit my big meatmits. I've held the Sig mosquito and the Ruger SR22 and they were both too small. I will be looking Saturday at the stores in Ft. Wayne, Bluffton and Huntington. I want to get down to Bradis, but I don't think I will be in Indy anytime soon.

Thanks for the input so far, and keep it coming.

Ruger MKIII 22LR 5 1/2" Blue $337.00 SHIPS FREE

Ruger Mark III 22LR 4" Blued FIXED SIGHTS $289.00 SHIPS FREE

Couple of others at Buds under $400 as well.

Love my 22/45.

looney2ns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Evansville, In

This helps in that department.
    McFadden Ultimate Clip Loader 22 Long Rifle Pistol Mag Loader Polymer Clear

KPierce

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 7, 2008
    Jeffersonville
    For target shooting on the cheap I would put forth the Beretta Neos as a very nice pistol to shoot and very inexpensive. It has a built in rail and the rear sight is adjustable. Front sight is easy to replace and you can buy a 5 pack of colored front sights from Beretta for $35.

I have 2 now and love them. They are easy to break down. The built in rail makes putting a red dot or scope on the pistol a snap.
    http://www.berettausa.com/products/beretta-neos-u22-front-sight-set-of-5/

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I checked out Rugers and the Buckmark, and for me the Buckmark felt better from an ergonomic standpoint, but as others have said, you can't really go wrong with either.

And what's so ugly about this?? :dunno:

IMG_1477.jpg

Also, for the poster that didn't like loading 10 round mags, the McFadden Ultimate Cliploader works great for Rugers and Buckmarks...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdIzVrFiisQ

BEBOATS

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2012
    Paoli, Indiana
    Ruger MK I, II, or III Standard .22 LR pistols have been reliable and fun for me to shoot. You should take a look at Ruger's Singlesix revolvers for me it's another reliable fun gun to shoot. I prefer the models with adjustable sights.

boilerbrown

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 3, 2012
    Huntington
    I looked at a buckmark and Ruger Mk III today. Only problem I could see was the difficulty in tear down for cleaning and putting it back together. I'm sure with some help the first time or two I could get it, but I had issues with my 1911 the first 2 times I had it apart. I really liked the feel of the Ruger SR-22 surprisingly enough. I thought it would be too small but it just barely fits. I am looking forward to shooting one in the next few weeks if I can manage it. I also looked a couple of S&W 22A's and they all had a weird feeling in the grip and an odd trigger pull. The wife is interested in a revolver for range work, so I may check out a couple of 22 revolvers. I looked at a monster Taurus 22 with a 6.5" barrel, but I think its weight would be an issue for her, she has some wrist issues so weight and recoil are the top issues for her.

On a slightly unrelated note, I got to shoot a Springfield XD-M 9mm 3.8" today and I was very impressed. I didn't think I would like the short barrel as I'm used to the longer one on my 1911, but at 25yrds I was hitting 8/10 inside the 6 ring. Grouping wasn't so good, but I blame that on me, not the gun.

1943Izzy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    Liberty
    I really like the High Standards myself . but they might be a little more expensive. Next best for the money would be the Ruger Mk. series.

sgtonory

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 10, 2012
    Carmel
    You absolutely cant go wrong with the Ruger Mark 3s or 22/45s. They are a staple to any gun owners collection. They are so much fun an inexpensive to shoot.

That is my vote!

My vote is for a rugger mark III also just got mine 3 weeks ago and have put 2k rounds threw it so much fun to shoot.

JeepArn

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 10, 2011
    Avon
    You absolutely cant go wrong with the Ruger Mark 3s or 22/45s. They are a staple to any gun owners collection. They are so much fun an inexpensive to shoot.

That is my vote!

:+1: love my 22/45. Great pinker and cheep to shoot. Kids like shooting it too. Comes with a rail as well if you'd like to add optics. ( just a thought I figured I'd mention) :hehe:

WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    I recently acquired a Ruger 22/45 LITE. I have only put a couple hundred rounds through it so far but I'm liking it. Shooting the cheap federal bulk stuff and not a single malfunction yet, very customizable, comfortable to shoot. Highly recommend.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    My vote is for the Ruger P95. The ammo is a little more expensive than .22 rounds, but I think it's worth it. Having said that, I should note that I get no enjoyment out of shooting a .22 caliber handgun.

Top Bottom