• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gunworks321

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Noblesville
    Thanks for all the best wishes and advice. I woke up this am with no stiffness, soreness or head ache. Seems I have full range of motion and no other symptoms. I took Hoosierdoc's advice and took a hot shower last nigh and soaked in hot whirlpool tub this morning (maybe it was the other way around), and feel pretty good. I'll see how the weekend goes and re-assess on Monday.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    gw321 - glad all seems well.

How's your sensitivity to bright light today? Same as it was or it seem more painful?

gunworks321

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Noblesville
    Been outside working in yard. Can it be any brighter? Not bothersome at all.

Didn't have a camera yesterday (I have a dumb phone) and left the van locked up in our warehouse as it is no longer rainproof. Pictures on Monday. I know everone is going to say.."That doesn't look that bad" , but you had to see the other guy's. He didn't have a front end left, just parts and his transmission was cracked as well as it spewed red fluid all over the road.

sbz

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 9, 2014
    indiana
    They think I cant see them when they have their eyes starring at their lap and driving with their thighs lol. I have had a few close calls, but managed to avoid them so far.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Thanks for all the best wishes and advice. I woke up this am with no stiffness, soreness or head ache. Seems I have full range of motion and no other symptoms. I took Hoosierdoc's advice and took a hot shower last nigh and soaked in hot whirlpool tub this morning (maybe it was the other way around), and feel pretty good. I'll see how the weekend goes and re-assess on Monday.

I thought the same thing but now I'm sporting a new implant of one of my teeth.
    The doc said the type of problem I had was a result of a hard impact.
    The only time I had one was about 1 year prior to my problem when I got smacked by a lady that totaled my crew cab truck.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    So disgusting! We need to have severe penalties for this crap beyond a simple traffic ticket. I would definitely see my doctor to get his opinion.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I was relieved that you did not describe my truck that my son is currently driving as the one that hit you! He lives right there at that intersection. He used to be bad about the texting and driving thing, but he assures me that he does not do that any more. I test him every so often and text when he is coming to visit me. I never get an immediate reply with a quick note but he will respond when he is stopped.

It makes me crazy when I see it, but it is rampant!

AA&E

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Southern Indiana
    I got rear ended in a similar manner (cell phone distraction) by a city police office in his personal car while off duty. No citations issued. My back has been jacked ever since.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Ok...I'll be that guy...
    The issue is safety right? While you're driving, you need to be completely focused on driving right?
    Ban eating in cars. Along with that, ban drive thru's. Clearly that's intent to drive while being distracted. Try eating those burgers and fries with both hands on the wheel and without looking down. Try opening that snickers with your elbows.
    Ban radios in cars. You've never looked down to see what station you're on? Or to find what button you're looking for? Even for a second? If you have, shame on you, you irresponsible person. You're supposed to be driving!
    Ban roadside advertisements. Talk about distractions! Those bright billboards are just begging for people to take their eyes off the road.
    Ban talking in cars. Since, clearly, most people think that humans aren't capable of doing more than one thing at a time responsibly.
    In a perfect world, the government would have complete remote control over every car. That way, you can just ask the government where you would like to go, and through various satellites and gps positioning, your car would be safely guided to it's destination.

For the record, I don't think texting and driving is a very smart thing to do. But I also don't think it's the government's job to take the place of personal responsibility.

Commence ripping me to shreds in 3...2...1....

AA&E

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Southern Indiana
    For that matter, ban screaming babies in cars. None of the things you mentions is that distracting. I don't think anyone was calling for government intervention. I personally wasn't... but I do think people who cause accidents due to this type of intentional carelessness should be severely punished... like 10 years no license for serious injury.. lifetime for fatality.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Who defines "that distracting"? Not that distracting in your mind or my mind probably , but it seems everybody likes to pick on texting. I don't think I've ever seen a thread titled "please stop eating ice cream....and Driving"

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    Glad your ok op! I see it daily as I drive all day, people drifting in and out of lanes, running lights, sitting at green lights... Speed up slow down... And I've seen what happens when these idiots rear end a trash truck! Let's put it this way, the back of a trash truck (the part that lifts into the air to dump the truck) weighs in at about 5 tons, 1/2" and thicker steel, most is 3/4" thick. A car going 50 won't even bend it! Be careful out there folks!

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    Who defines "that distracting"? Not that distracting in your mind or my mind probably , but it seems everybody likes to pick on texting. I don't think I've ever seen a thread titled "please stop eating ice cream....and Driving"
    Really? Now I can't eat my ice cream and drive??? Damnit, now my life isn't worth living!!!

gunworks321

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Noblesville
    Glad your ok op! I see it daily as I drive all day, people drifting in and out of lanes, running lights, sitting at green lights... Speed up slow down... And I've seen what happens when these idiots rear end a trash truck! Let's put it this way, the back of a trash truck (the part that lifts into the air to dump the truck) weighs in at about 5 tons, 1/2" and thicker steel, most is 3/4" thick. A car going 50 won't even bend it! Be careful out there folks!
    Yep, that would do it. But he didn't fare to well by connecting with my van either. Impala's must have a lot of plastic in them (nowadays most all of them do) cause it was scattered all over the highway.

Top Bottom