• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    Cool! Very glad you two had a wonderful time.

Oh, btw... FIFY ;)

Well I survived. 3 hours is much too long for a dance with girls averaging 8 years old. We were definitely the best looking couple there.:D I was afraid I'd be way overdressed wearing a tux but many of the fathers were wearing nice suits. My daughter had a great looking date.:rockwoot:
    3Z1M

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Cool! Very glad you two had a wonderful time.

Oh, btw... FIFY ;)

That definitely made me laugh out loud!:D

I'm still of the old school tin foilers that don't like having my picture on the internet. Especially a gun forum.

41mag

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 31, 2009
    Carmel
    Enjoy while you can they grow up way to fast and it gets much harder ,father of 4 +1 stepdaughter ,3 still at home .single father ,2 grandchildren ,parenting ain't for sissy's but that's a nice age.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    That definitely made me laugh out loud!:D

I'm still of the old school tin foilers that don't like having my picture on the internet. Especially a gun forum.

Just out of curiosity, what does the fact that this is a gun forum have to do with anything?

Being a law abiding INGO member, that bold sentence perplexes me.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Just out of curiosity, what does the fact that this is a gun forum have to do with anything?

Being a law abiding INGO member, that bold sentence perplexes me.

I'm sure most of us are great people but there may be a few lurkers here who may try to rob someone knowing they have guns.

I did a gun trade with a guy on Arfcom. His email address contained his full name and it was unusual at that. I did a google search and found his myspace page. It had several of his guns listed. I knew that he was a vet, a college student and expecting a baby. I did a white pages search on him and had his address. If I were to mean him harm, I had a lot of information that he willingly gave up. Call me paranoid I guess.

ljadayton

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    SW Indy
    I'm sure most of us are great people but there may be a few lurkers here who may try to rob someone knowing they have guns.

I did a gun trade with a guy on Arfcom. His email address contained his full name and it was unusual at that. I did a google search and found his myspace page. It had several of his guns listed. I knew that he was a vet, a college student and expecting a baby. I did a white pages search on him and had his address. If I were to mean him harm, I had a lot of information that he willingly gave up. Call me paranoid I guess.

I fully understand not putting personal information out there, whether it's online or offline....my ex (when he was still active duty) attended a class on personal security where they touched on this. A Colonel's wife was the intended target of a kidnapping to use her as leverage to get sensitive information from him....HOW did they make themselves big juicy targets?? Full bird decals ALL over both their cars..Not saying you can't put decals on your cars, just think before you do. Gavin DeBecker doesn't even reccommend NRA decals (just lets someone know you might have expensive "toys" in there) but I don't listen on that one.

RachelMarie

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2009
    At first, reading this...I felt really bad for you. Sending your daughter out on that dreaded first date. Out with a guy she thinks she knows and a guy you don't know. Then I saw it was you taking her out on her first date.....THAT is full of win. Hope you guys have/had fun!

Awe...the picture is cute. You guys def match! And the smiley faces....LOVE it.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Thanks RM. It wasn't my idea of fun but it was fun because she was so excited about it. She's really clingy to me right now so I couldn't have missed it for the world.

Sweetums

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lake County
    However, I do understand that it MAY be my job to help mold the young man, as well, and I'll be happy to do that. OUR first date will be at MCF&G, where I will bring ammo with his name written on it and carefully explain to him as I place my daughter's picture on the bench: "This is my daughter; I love my daughter and will do anything under the sun to protect my daughter..." I can/can't wait for the fun to begin. :smileak:

Here you go...

RWS - RWS Munition - Die Marke RWS

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Well, she's all grown up now.:n00b:

She's 8 and I'm taking her to a father/daughter dance tomorrow. Please pray for my sanity as I hope they don't play Hannah Montana type music all night!:draw:I'm even going the whole nine yards and renting a tux. I figured by the time I bought new shoes, pants, etc. it would just be cheaper to rent a tux. The clothes that I already have just won't do you know. I have to match the dress that my daughter picked out. :spend: I'm told it only gets worse from here.

This will probably be the her last date where I will know the guaranteed outcome.:D:ar15:

MAN! I so feel for you. I have three daughters, 11, 8, and 5. I'm soooo not looking forward to this. I also hope you don't have to listen to some stupid music all night. Especially the Kids Bop crap. :):

At least it's only a Father/Daughter dance and not the Prom yet. :D

Pardon the language...

Just try not to pull ure gun...lol

YouTube - Bad Boys 2 meet the DATE

I LOVE that movie! The clip is just HILARIOUS. Thanks for posting the video, I'm gonna have to download that one. :D

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Well I survived. 3 hours is much too long for a dance with girls averaging 8 years old. We were definitely the best looking couple there.:D I was afraid I'd be way overdressed wearing a tux but many of the fathers were wearing nice suits. My daughter had a great looking date.:rockwoot:

:): I missed the time stamp on my first post and I admit, I didn't read the thread. My bad. Glad you survived! Loved the outfits. You weren't kidding when you said you were going all out. That's awesome!

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Actually, most of the music was 50-80's throwback stuff. Wipeout, The Twist, Chicken Dance, The Limbo, etc. It was fun and there was limited kiddie bop stuff.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Actually, most of the music was 50-80's throwback stuff. Wipeout, The Twist, Chicken Dance, The Limbo, etc. It was fun and there was limited kiddie bop stuff.

:rockwoot: That's how our little school dances were. Golden Oldies and remixed oldies. :D We would have never allowed this kiddie crap my oldest listens to. :n00b:

Top Bottom