• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Well, she's all grown up now.:n00b:

She's 8 and I'm taking her to a father/daughter dance tomorrow. Please pray for my sanity as I hope they don't play Hannah Montana type music all night!:draw:I'm even going the whole nine yards and renting a tux. I figured by the time I bought new shoes, pants, etc. it would just be cheaper to rent a tux. The clothes that I already have just won't do you know. I have to match the dress that my daughter picked out. :spend: I'm told it only gets worse from here.

This will probably be the her last date where I will know the guaranteed outcome.:D:ar15:

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Enjoy her while she is young. They grow up much too fast. My baby is only a few classes from being called "Doctor"!

Be careful on your date!!! Word has it your date's daddy is into firearms!!!!!

:D

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Enjoy her while she is young. They grow up much too fast. My baby is only a few classes from being called "Doctor"!

Be careful on your date!!! Word has it your date's daddy is into firearms!!!!!

:D

I'd definitely be proud to call my baby "Doctor"!

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2010
    make it real

Just my opinion, but her first date should be with her father that way you can show her what to expect later on down the road. Take her out to dinner, open doors the whole nine yards. And you might even consider doing it every once in awhile...just my:twocents:

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Have a great time! I took my daughter on date nights when she was younger. She now reminds me that I'm supposed to pay, drive, open doors, and protect her, on our dates. Now, when it's time for her first date, she will know what to expect.

However, I do understand that it MAY be my job to help mold the young man, as well, and I'll be happy to do that. OUR first date will be at MCF&G, where I will bring ammo with his name written on it and carefully explain to him as I place my daughter's picture on the bench: "This is my daughter; I love my daughter and will do anything under the sun to protect my daughter..." I can/can't wait for the fun to begin. :smileak:

Mokkie

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2010
    She will remember this all of her life. As you will too. This date will be easy compared to the ones she has later on. Good luck and God speed.

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    This will probably be the her last date where I will know the guaranteed outcome.:D:ar15:

Just my opinion, but her first date should be with her father that way you can show her what to expect later on down the road.

Well, you don't want to give her too many ideas... she might start thinking she's supposed to be going home with her date all the time if she uses this as her example! :laugh:

In all seriousness, I hope you and she enjoy it, man.

OAK

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 16, 2010
    TH
    They have a whole website dedicated to dads in this situation.

Home Page

Pick yourself up a shirt and wear it next time Jr chick-magnet comes knocking.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Well I survived. 3 hours is much too long for a dance with girls averaging 8 years old. We were definitely the best looking couple there.:D I was afraid I'd be way overdressed wearing a tux but many of the fathers were wearing nice suits. My daughter had a great looking date.:rockwoot:
    04-24-2010GirlScoutFatherDaughterDa.jpg

Top Bottom