• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HubertGummer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 7, 2016
    McCordsville
    After talking to a lot of people about this election, the most common answer I got was"I don't like Trump or Hillary so Im not going to vote" Although I feel very strongly that if you don't vote for the Donald, Killery will get it, thats not the point of this post.

If you can't vote for Trump, for whatever reason, PLEASE don't stay home. Go to your polling place and at least vote for the conservative congress members. Even if Hitlery gets the presidency, she won't be able to do much with a republican house and senate(exept for the supreme court nominations which is enough to concern me). IF you stay home and don't vote at all, the Democrats could take both houses + the presidency and then she will nominate some left wing wacko to the supreme court and we all will be royaly screwed.
    thank you, that is all.:twocents:

Ddillard

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Apr 29, 2016
    Jeffersonville
    A "no vote" is a vote for the winner. The vote is not just a right, it is a responsibility. Conservatives need the vote to counter the liberal left agenda. Neither Hilliscary nor Trumpertantrum are fitting of the seat of OUR most prestigious seat in this Grand Republic. Even though there may be disdain for these candidates, your vote is important. --"One Man's Opinion!"

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    After talking to a lot of people about this election, the most common answer I got was"I don't like Trump or Hillary so Im not going to vote" Although I feel very strongly that if you don't vote for the Donald, Killery will get it, thats not the point of this post.

If you can't vote for Trump, for whatever reason, PLEASE don't stay home. Go to your polling place and at least vote for the conservative congress members. Even if Hitlery gets the presidency, she won't be able to do much with a republican house and senate(exept for the supreme court nominations which is enough to concern me). IF you stay home and don't vote at all, the Democrats could take both houses + the presidency and then she will nominate some left wing wacko to the supreme court and we all will be royaly screwed.
    thank you, that is all.:twocents:

Agreed. I've made this very point in a couple of other threads.

FWJK

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 2, 2016
    Fort Wayne
    A "no vote" is a vote for the winner. The vote is not just a right, it is a responsibility. Conservatives need the vote to counter the liberal left agenda. Neither Hilliscary nor Trumpertantrum are fitting of the seat of OUR most prestigious seat in this Grand Republic. Even though there may be disdain for these candidates, your vote is important. --"One Man's Opinion!"

Voting being a responsibility is exactly what I have preached to my children!

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    If you can't vote for Trump, for whatever reason, PLEASE don't stay home. Go to your polling place and at least vote for the conservative congress members.

Agree with this. I feel bad for the 9th District INGOers, though. :)

A "no vote" is a vote for the winner.

So if I don't vote for president, and Trump wins, then I am responsible for him winning? :D

The vote is not just a right, it is a responsibility. Conservatives need the vote to counter the liberal left agenda. Neither Hilliscary nor Trumpertantrum are fitting of the seat of OUR most prestigious seat in this Grand Republic. Even though there may be disdain for these candidates, your vote is important. --"One Man's Opinion!"

I agree with this, though. My vote is valuable to me, so I will use it as I see fit.

A no-vote can certainly also be a responsible choice.

It signals "none of the above".

Indeed.

FWJK

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 2, 2016
    Fort Wayne
    A no-vote can certainly also be a responsible choice.

It signals "none of the above".

It's not just about the Presidential election - but all the other elections up and down the ticket. So you think abstaining from voting completely is a "none of the above" on every single election at stake? What message does that possibly send to anyone? If you don't like any of the candidates, then write someone else in. I don't understand how anyone can purposely abstain from voting and think that is doing anything at all to help the situation. smh

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    I'm the opposite. I wish uninformed voters would stay home.

I've got multiple friends voting for Clinton.
    - "It's time we have a woman in the white house." That's their ONLY reason.
    - I asked them to tell me ONE accomplishment of hers as Secretary of State. Not a single answer. They don't know.
    - I asked them their thoughts on Libya / Benghazi, her taking boat loads of money from corporate interests showing she's bought and paid for by corporations, issues with the Clinton Foundation and the finances surrounding it, the issues with her private e-mail server (she's obviously either ignorant of anything technical, or a liar. But this issue proves it's one of the two), her huge swing in stances (gay rights, etc...), and her involvement with the Wal-Mart board and her input on outsourcing. Not one of them had any input other than "it's the right wing trying to bring women down." Just complete ignorance, and it is infuriating that these people's votes count the same as mine.

Voting being a responsibility is exactly what I have preached to my children!

FWJK

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 2, 2016
    Fort Wayne

- I asked them to tell me ONE accomplishment of hers as Secretary of State. Not a single answer. They don't know.
    - I asked them their thoughts on Libya / Benghazi, her taking boat loads of money from corporate interests showing she's bought and paid for by corporations, issues with the Clinton Foundation and the finances surrounding it, the issues with her private e-mail server (she's obviously either ignorant of anything technical, or a liar. But this issue proves it's one of the two), her huge swing in stances (gay rights, etc...), and her involvement with the Wal-Mart board and her input on outsourcing. Not one of them had any input other than "it's the right wing trying to bring women down." Just complete ignorance, and it is infuriating that these people's votes count the same as mine.

It's people like that that makes it so you have to vote! :)

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010

I totally agree with seedubs on this. If someone can't vote for the GOP Prez candidate, what makes you so sure they'll vote Republican down-ballot?

From the views expressed by No-Trumpers on INGO, I'd bet my keister half will be voting Democrat elsewhere as well.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I totally agree with seedubs on this. If someone can't vote for the GOP Prez candidate, what makes you so sure they'll vote Republican down-ballot?

From the views expressed by No-Trumpers on INGO, I'd bet my keister half will be voting Democrat elsewhere as well.

I think you need to explain this. Why would anyone's distrust of Trump mean they desire a Democrat in Congress or the Governor's mansion?

I'll be voting R on everything else. The top? Not sure yet.

Actually, I think you're trying to demonize anti-Trump folks as Democrats so you feel justified in your hatred.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Actually, I think you're trying to demonize anti-Trump folks as Democrats so you feel justified in your hatred.

Well, so far the reasons are:

1) You're just to proud to vote for Trump
    2) If you're against my guy, you just aren't willing to compromise
    3) If you're against my guy, you're for Hillary.

I won't vote for either of them because they are both terrible and I don't care which wins. I'll most likely be voting R for the other federal level positions unless someone really steps on their crank.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    I agree with the OP. I may not like Donald as a person, but I still think he would do a much better job of running the country than Hillary - not to mention the implications for the SCOTUS and how that impacts us as gun owners if Hillary wins. It is a TERRIBLE idea not to vote. We need to all stand behind the person who is running against Hillary, whoever that is, or our children have a very good chance of not having the same freedoms that we do, especially regarding gun rights.

Lowe0

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 22, 2015
    Indianapolis
    Really? Who?

*raises hand

I have to decide which party represents me. When you have a GOP Representative saying that allowing married couples to use contraception is society "going downhill", then I have to ask: is this what I want to get behind? Is this the party that I want to lend legitimacy to?

I don't want Hillary for President, and I don't want to vote for her. But the GOP keeps offering so much worse that I can't do otherwise in good conscience.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    *raises hand

I have to decide which party represents me. When you have a GOP Representative saying that allowing married couples to use contraception is society "going downhill", then I have to ask: is this what I want to get behind? Is this the party that I want to lend legitimacy to?

I don't want Hillary for President, and I don't want to vote for her. But the GOP keeps offering so much worse that I can't do otherwise in good conscience.

Fair enough. 1. (And frankly, I wonder what you'll really do in the ballot box.) ;)

So, the assertion was half noTrumps will vote for Hillary. I don't want to speak for GPIAsvhunshshurhn (but I will), and say that neither he nor I will vote for HRC. So, that's less than half. Anyone else?

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    ...When you have a GOP Representative saying that allowing married couples to use contraception is society "going downhill"...

Just as a reminder for me, who was this?

If you are referring to criticism of the Griswold decision, it was a horrible decision based on next to nothing and ushered in the modern age of the Supreme Court making up stuff as it goes along and creating "Constitutional" rights because it seems like a good idea at the time.

Connecticut should never have banned contraception, but the proper solution was a political/legislative one, not the magical creation of Constitutional rights that had never before existed.

Last edited:

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Steve King.

Was he talking about the Griswold​ decision?

...because disagreeing with that decision is only equivalent to wanting to ban contraception for married adults if one evaluates issues according to the principles of HuffPo clickbait articles.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom