• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    yea ill probably hit the range this weekend to see how it holds there. I won't be carrying it around much till my permit arrives though.

thanks for the tips, worked out great and i love it.

following2dp

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Fishers
    My Suppressor Host:
    Just recieved my blindmarked LWD barrel Monday. It's the conversion from 40 to 9mm.
    I like it alot, took it to the range today. Flawless for the first 100 rounds then a FTE after every round. I attribute this to the 115gr WWB and the .40 extractor. I've read that if you want it to work reliably you should either replace the extractor or shoot hotter loads, I'm going to Wilbur Friday, so hopefully I can find some hoter loads by then.

362218111.jpg

I put my A2 flashider on it just to see how it would look, but I imagine it would turn to shrapnel if I shot 9mm through a .223 flashhider.
    362218356.jpg

362218747.jpg

362218732.jpg

362219662.jpg

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Funny we keep hearing about these XD's.... we actually talked about them several times during the match on Sunday. Never seen a gun not work so many times.

Maybe we'll actually see someone win a Production match with these "great guns" :D

Glocks are good for one thing. They make fine paper weights. All I can say is dont hate, yet appreciate. I would not own a Glock if someone gave it to me. I would sale it, or use it as a small boat anchor :rockwoot::popcorn:

jforrest

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Porter County
    Glocks are good for one thing. They make fine paper weights. All I can say is dont hate, yet appreciate. I would not own a Glock if someone gave it to me. I would sale it, or use it as a small boat anchor :rockwoot::popcorn:

So why are you looking at this thread? :dunno: I don't care what people buy, each to his own.

But a glock as an anchor would be a good idea, if anything happens all you have to do is pull up the anchor and you have a working gun! :D

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    So why are you looking at this thread? :dunno: I don't care what people buy, each to his own.

But a glock as an anchor would be a good idea, if anything happens all you have to do is pull up the anchor and you have a working gun! :D

Because I know some uneducated Glock owner, would talk smack about Xd.

jforrest

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Porter County
    yea ill probably hit the range this weekend to see how it holds there. I won't be carrying it around much till my permit arrives though.

thanks for the tips, worked out great and i love it.

I forgot to ask you this earlier, are you going to be going with someone who has a LTCH? If not you need to break your G22 down and put it in the trunk separate from the ammo. And even the ammo you don't want to have any in a mag. This isn't a fool proof plan but if you would get pulled over most officers won't bother you about it. I'm taking a Civil Academy class with the Valpo Police Dept. and they said they don't arrest people who are doing this and most agencies will be ok with it.

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    Yea I heard about problems when you don't have your permit, so I put a lock on the gun, empty the mags, and keep the ammo in the factory boxes. Then I put the gun in the trunk, and the ammo in the car with me. I got the city approval, and I know that doesn't mean I can carry, but the sheriff said I shouldn't have too big of a problem if I'm just going to the range...

Anyways, here are the polished pics, it looks GREAT, IMHO!

P4230101.JPG

P4230102.JPG

P4230105.JPG

P4230107.JPG

P4230109.JPG

cagilber

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2009
    Grip Extensions

Got my Pierce PG-26XLs in the mail today... Man those base plates are a pain in the -->:moon: to get off.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Yea I heard about problems when you don't have your permit, so I put a lock on the gun, empty the mags, and keep the ammo in the factory boxes. Then I put the gun in the trunk, and the ammo in the car with me. I got the city approval, and I know that doesn't mean I can carry, but the sheriff said I shouldn't have too big of a problem if I'm just going to the range...

Anyways, here are the polished pics, it looks GREAT, IMHO!

P4230101.JPG

P4230102.JPG

P4230105.JPG

P4230107.JPG

P4230109.JPG

I think that Sheriff misinformed you. You are not supposed to have any handgun in you car unless 1. you just purchased it, and am going home. 2. you have a personal protection permit. 3. you have a hunting license, and the ammo and guns are locked in separate containers.

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.4%
    153   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    OK, here's my G22 after some grips mods and refinish. I filled in the hole behind the mag well and added a bit of epoxy to the upper rear of the frame. I shaped it to fit my hand and point like a 1911. My main bitch about Glocks is that they point way too high for me. So, I think I've fied that problem. Textured the frame with Accra Glass and finished the frame in Coyote Tan Alumahyde and the Slide in Dark Parkerizing Gray Alumahyde. I'm waiting a bit for the finish on the slide to fully cure before I go pounting the rear sight back in! I went tan on the frame as it sits int eh map pocket of my truck and my interior is tan leather. Figured that it would blend in better! Looking forward to testfiring it to see how well it does for me.

GunPics003-5.jpg

Doug K

greyhound47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    Doesn't seem to be our side talking about XDs, it's the other side bashing Glocks.
    :+1:Gotta agree here. I cannot remember ever hearing a Glock owner talk crap about the XD. As a matter of fact, all I have ever heard are compliments. I used to bash Glocks for being ugly but now I own two!:rockwoot:The performance won me over.

Top Bottom