• ...and so much more!
  • Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    CNApxiu.jpg

Look at what came home with me today! Brand new, need to break it in. I held a XDS-9, Shield and this... The Shield actually felt better out of the three but something drew me to the Kahr. I think the price on it and the Shield were about the same, so price wasn't it... Just heard a lot about Khar and wanted something that isn't the same as everyone else and their brother.

SpaldingPM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    CNApxiu.jpg

Look at what came home with me today! Brand new, need to break it in. I held a XDS-9, Shield and this... The Shield actually felt better out of the three but something drew me to the Kahr. I think the price on it and the Shield were about the same, so price wasn't it... Just heard a lot about Khar and wanted something that isn't the same as everyone else and their brother.

you'll be very satisfied. I have the CM9, CW9, and the new CW380. Make sure you polish the living crap out of the feed ramp. Even if it looks amazingly polished, do it anyways. The tolerances are so tight in these guns, expect malfunctions in the 300rd break in. After 300rds however, they're amazing CC pieces. I stand behind (literally) all of my car products, after break in of course!

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    you'll be very satisfied. I have the CM9, CW9, and the new CW380. Make sure you polish the living crap out of the feed ramp. Even if it looks amazingly polished, do it anyways. The tolerances are so tight in these guns, expect malfunctions in the 300rd break in. After 300rds however, they're amazing CC pieces. I stand behind (literally) all of my car products, after break in of course!

Had some minor issues with the slide wanting to 'stick' or get 'stuck', even after a thorough cleaning and lubing. I've probably racked it in my house a few hundred times now (some of them being weak/not full racks because my damn hands hurt now). I've cycled (not fired) maybe 10 magazines worth of rounds through it already (Hornady HP's and just some cheap target ammo) and they've all fed properly. (Even though Khar recommends using your thumb to remove the slide stop to chamber the first round, I just sling shotted every round without issue into the chamber or did a slower manual load with the slide, all worked). Too bad I don't have a place to shoot it just yet. Eager to test it out because I want to use it to replace my mid-to-full sized Smith 45 I carry. So for now, I can only 'manually' break it in, at home but I am beginning to feel that I will be able to trust it after I get some range time with it.

I do have a Galco pocket holster on it's way that went from North of Indy to Kentucky... so I guess it may be here tomorrow. Amazon says Wednesday but it already passed my damn house once and is now 40 miles away south of me after being 100~ miles north of me this morning. Hopefully will be here tomorrow. Got a N82 IWB holster for it as well, and got the UPS notification of that being shipped today too... so that's coming from NC/SC (forget which). May order some extra magazines tonight and the rubberized talon grips because that grip is rough!

Ideally will go to the range with her this weekend if I can find a way out there.

I think the Khar and I got off on the wrong foot. At one point I was extremely frustrated and disappointed how the slide would get stuck. I couldn't move it. Then I hit the barrel on a wooden work bench and it slid back in place. It got stuck a few more times but I'd just rack the **** out of the slide and now it seems good and well broken in for not having fired it yet. :)

sb0

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Aug 1, 2013
    Indy
    Got this back from Robar a few weeks ago. Also had the sights drilled and tritium tubes installed (no night sights for the PX4 compact).

temp_2.jpg

dhamby

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Crawfordsville area
    New and first handgun. Ways been into long guns and never had much interest in handguns until recently. I wanted something for personal protection and conceal carry but also wanted a gun I enjoyed shooting at the range. Decided a compact would be a good fit. Wanted to like the g19 but the finger grooves did not fit my hand so I just couldn't. Liked thr Ruger SR9C until I picked up the CZ P-07. This thing is just awesome. Natural point of aim for me, fits my hand perfectly, and is very close in size to the g19 while still having the capacity of a double stack magazine. Trigger is also awesome with a smooth light pull and clean crisp break.

dhamby

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Crawfordsville area

New and first handgun. Ways been into long guns and never had much interest in handguns until recently. I wanted something for personal protection and conceal carry but also wanted a gun I enjoyed shooting at the range. Decided a compact would be a good fit. Wanted to like the g19 but the finger grooves did not fit my hand so I just couldn't. Liked thr Ruger SR9C until I picked up the CZ P-07. This thing is just awesome. Natural point of aim for me, fits my hand perfectly, and is very close in size to the g19 while still having the capacity of a double stack magazine. Trigger is also awesome with a smooth light pull and clean crisp break.

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon

Sorry, I misunderstood that line, and thought it sounded like you were saying the Glock 19 was not doublestack.

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    How's the trigger feel on the Kahr cm's?

Feels good, I think. I'm a novice shooter so I'm not going to pretend to have pulled many different triggers in my day, but it feels good to me. It's smooth, and the transition from pulling to 'click' (or boom, with one chambered) is a clean action.

I think the hardest thing for me is to get used to the sights. I've only put 110~ rounds through mine, so I've not shot out of it much, and I was alright accurate enough with it considering my targets were cans on a log about 30 ft away or so. Missed a ton of cans but I came close, I swear ;) (Then again, I had a few good runs with my full sized 45... my buddy said I "John Wayne'd the **** out of those cans" after a good run with it. The Kahr, most got knocked over from luck or snow being thrown up on them from shooting too low. Shooter error, for sure.

Top Bottom