• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • avengedXT

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 84%
    20   4   1
    Feb 15, 2010
    Behind the V!
    I have bought one gun from PSS - and the transaction went smooth and fast. Great price - in fact, the cheapest local prices I've ever seen.

About the only hiccup I had is that Bob says he never just "Buys" guns. Even though the front of the store does state "Buy - Sell - Trade". At least it did at the time I was there.

I was simple about it - I saw an XD9 Service for $429 which I would've been perfectly ok to pay for in cash; however my family recently expanded (new daddy here). So I went in and showed Bob my Kahr CW40 in like brand-new condition, 300 rounds fired through it with an extra mag (a mag that costed $36.99 from PSS themselves) and was offered $325.00 for a trade in value. I accept that well, it's a good enough value of sacrifice on a trade-in being it is that I'm impatient.

Ok well I also had my .45 Taurus with me - a PT845 in which I was offered $250 for. Also, perfectly fine with the offer. I was willing to accept less (read on).

That would've been $575 worth of gun to buy in their store - except they won't accept more than two in a trade. And they won't just buy one gun; or any which order to get more than one gun in a TRADE deal.

I tried to speak with Bob and one of his sales reps that he seems close to and I was ignored AND interupted while I was saying "Well if you would take both in trade the Taurus would only cost you..."
    I was stopped before I got to give them the figure ($104).

What kind of dealer refuses a $104 .45 Semi-Auto in good shape? Plainfield Shooting Supplies. Long story short on this one; Ron Cooper over at Target Sports of Sheridan, IN got a good deal on that trade-in.

There was no confusion, I clearly stated I was wanting to trade both guns for the XD9 and accept a $146 loss on their initial estimates of my guns. But that just wasn't good enough.

Needless to say - I've not gone back ever since. They're running a business, sure. But don't sit here and ignore and be rude to the guy who gave you praise before to friends & family.

Bradi's, for me

Top Bottom