• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    I'm gonna go look at ar's this weekend at PSS, I've been wanting one for a year now, and can't really afford one... but I need to stop stalling and buy one.

I'd wager that there won't be any on the shelf. A friend of mine picked one up there this week and he got there as 3 were coming off the UPS truck. They all sold before they hit the shelf. I'd call first.

ryanmercer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    I'd wager that there won't be any on the shelf. A friend of mine picked one up there this week and he got there as 3 were coming off the UPS truck. They all sold before they hit the shelf. I'd call first.

It's not far away, I"ll just go... if they don't have any I'll take my business elsewhere *shrugs*

Edit: that sounds harsh, really right now I just want to get my hands on some and decide what exactly I'm wanting to buy, I'm probably a few months away from buying one anyway. I desperately need new tires and that is my priority this weekend

Last edited:

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co

I bought one this past Saturday that was a good used one. At the time they had two brand new ones left. I called Monday morning right after they opened and paid over the phone for the last one they had on the shelf. I pick it up this Friday. So yeah, they are flying off the shelves!

Lock n Load

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    146   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    FFort
    The guy that helped me wasn't bald and heavyset. This guy had dark brown hair and goatee. Good guy, as I can tell everyone there was very friendly and knowledgeable.

Rex is back at PSS, he left AAC in Mooresville awhile ago and I talked with him at Bobs last week. Sounds like him...??

iam1096

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2008
    Ohio
    Great service from Bob on Wednesday. I bought a Springfield XDM 9mm. Great price and quick deal. Now my XDM 40 has a friend to play with.

rmcrob

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2008
    Plainfield
    I heard Bob tell someone on Friday or Saturday that he is getting about seven or eight ARs a day in trade and they are going out as fast as he gets them in. He was even telling someone he would take ARs in trade (up to half) for a motorcycle.

rmcrob

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2008
    Plainfield
    +1 for Bob and the store. I looked around for the best price on a Glock 27. Walked into Bob's. Saw a used one for a decent price. Asked Bob if he had a new one. Yes. Asked Bob if he had a new one in OD. Yes. Shocker -- the price is the same as the used one. Way better than any place else around, including GunBroker. Sold. Walked out happy 15 minutes later. Didn't even have to take a long lunch.

Old Salt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2008
    Avon
    PSS is the first place and usually the last place I go for a new gun. He only marks up 10%. They are not quite as good on used guns, but they will dicker on those. I love shopping there, but Bob should really get some singing lessons!

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    PSS is the first place and usually the last place I go for a new gun. He only marks up 10%. They are not quite as good on used guns, but they will dicker on those. I love shopping there, but Bob should really get some singing lessons!

Don't get me wrong on this I like Bob, like him a lot, great to talk to, even bought 2 handguns and a rifle off of him, but he's real quick to tell you he only marks up prices 10%.

Talked to 3 different places Monday about a .22 rifle and got a 189.00 a 205.00 and 249.00 from Bob, that's not 10%.
    Just got to watch his prices some times.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    Don't get me wrong on this I like Bob, like him a lot, great to talk to, even bought 2 handguns and a rifle off of him, but he's real quick to tell you he only marks up prices 10%.

Talked to 3 different places Monday about a .22 rifle and got a 189.00 a 205.00 and 249.00 from Bob, that's not 10%.
    Just got to watch his prices some times.

and he only may have marked it up 10%. Different shops use different suppliers, special discount offers on particular models or a discount for buying multiple units or Bob wanted more money. I never use just one shop for purchases.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    and he only may have marked it up 10%. Different shops use different suppliers, special discount offers on particular models or a discount for buying multiple units or Bob wanted more money. I never use just one shop for purchases.

Plus 1, Bob is a great guy, will deal with you. However, his distributor dicks him over HARD CORE on alot of stuff. I used to get some reloading stuff from there as he always had something that was cheaper than online. But lately, I just bought powder and primers, his bullets are going up due to the "war" or now, "Obama craze" (keep in mind that I have been buying from Graf and Sons for the past two years, they have not raised their pricing but a hair). Also, while he is more liberal with his trades, dont trade him too much. He will begin to slim back his trades big time, as I have seen with a few folks.

Bob is a good guy, dont get me wrong, but he is starting to get dollar signs in his eyes lately. He didnt use to tell "stories" (war effort, obama, etc..) to sell stuff, now that is all I hear. Recently, I have been visiting Bradis or AAC for guns as Bob is starting to raise his pricing. A story I heard from a fellow range monger (older guy, fun dude) was Bob had a Saiga on sale at his shop. My friend John wants it, but wants to throw it in layaway. Bob wont let him, even though John is a regular customer, as he says he could have it sold same day. I hate to say it, but even Bob is getting the dollar sign eyes. He would get his money anyways, but doesnt care for his regulars anymore. He also doesnt seem to care that his distributor is beginning to mess with him. Ill keep buying powder/primers from him, until he starts raising pricing on those to unbelieveable heights. Good guy, decent place, but lately, watch out. Go in prepared (information/pricing) and be able to haggle (something one really didnt have to do before).

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    Plus 1, Bob is a great guy, will deal with you. However, his distributor dicks him over HARD CORE on alot of stuff. I used to get some reloading stuff from there as he always had something that was cheaper than online. But lately, I just bought powder and primers, his bullets are going up due to the "war" or now, "Obama craze" (keep in mind that I have been buying from Graf and Sons for the past two years, they have not raised their pricing but a hair). Also, while he is more liberal with his trades, dont trade him too much. He will begin to slim back his trades big time, as I have seen with a few folks.

Bob is a good guy, dont get me wrong, but he is starting to get dollar signs in his eyes lately. He didnt use to tell "stories" (war effort, obama, etc..) to sell stuff, now that is all I hear. Recently, I have been visiting Bradis or AAC for guns as Bob is starting to raise his pricing. A story I heard from a fellow range monger (older guy, fun dude) was Bob had a Saiga on sale at his shop. My friend John wants it, but wants to throw it in layaway. Bob wont let him, even though John is a regular customer, as he says he could have it sold same day. I hate to say it, but even Bob is getting the dollar sign eyes. He would get his money anyways, but doesnt care for his regulars anymore. He also doesnt seem to care that his distributor is beginning to mess with him. Ill keep buying powder/primers from him, until he starts raising pricing on those to unbelieveable heights. Good guy, decent place, but lately, watch out. Go in prepared (information/pricing) and be able to haggle (something one really didnt have to do before).

One would think that Bob would sell enough guns that any supplier would relish his business and other suppliers would be standing in line competing to become his middleman. The continued price increasing seems to happen to all good shops after they've been in business for awhile. Even Mike (Pop Guns) had decent prices when he was a small shop and first starting out in the gun business. All get to big or complacent and start taking advantage of their customers. Another thought is with Obama in Office and a sure AWB, Ammo Coding in the wings, it may be a get it while I can mentality. Only Bob knows for sure.

I left out what is probably a very important part of the equation, Bob. This being a small mom & pop shop all of the responsibility for bills, payroll, taxes, BATFE regs, etc coupled with the same personal responsibilities that we all have, mortgage, car loans, retirement savings, kids and whatever else life throws at you must enter into Bob's pricing equations.

Last edited:

bucmaster

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Bob is pretty knowledgeable if somethings junk he'll tell you. He is at 1500 gun show if you dont want to go to plainfield

Top Bottom