• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Barry in IN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2008
    I shoot at the Danville Conservation Club.
    Small Range but Nice.
    $60 a year

Thanks for the tip. I had heard of the club, but had heard it was an invitation-only type of place.
    I just filled out an application to send off. My wife is buying me the membership as an early birthday present.

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    We have four benches at the firing line. We do not rent the range, but guests of a member can shoot for $5. I'll see if I can post a picture.

Pointman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Bainbridge
    I shoot at the Danville Conservation Club.
    Small Range but Nice.
    $60 a year

I was a member there back in the 80's but the town and neighbors crowded in and demanded the shooting stop. What's the situation there these days? Which of the ranges are open now?

Used to be to join you had to show up at the monthly meeting and be 'sponsored' by a current member and get through the waiting list.. still the process?

Hard to tell now that they've gated the drive... else I'd just drive back and read the signs on the firing line :do2:

ah.. thanks Kludge, didn't see your posts

Last edited:

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    The old range has not been used for several years... someone built a building right behind (east) of us. The berm was dozed and unofrunately we can't use it as a trap range anymore or all the shot would rain down on the parking lot.

A new range was constucted on the West side of the lot with the berm on the north end, and when shooting rifles you kind of shoot at a slight downward angle into the depression (parallel with the driveway).

Yes, the gate has been locked for a few years now out of fear of liability and a fence has been put up so people can't wander in from the nearby neighborhoods.

The board has not required sponsoring members in quite some time (in fact everything in this post happened before I got there). We like it when people show up for a meeting when we vote on memberships, but it's not required either.

Pointman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Bainbridge
    The old range has not been used for several years... someone built a building right behind (east) of us. The berm was dozed and unofrunately we can't use it as a trap range anymore or all the shot would rain down on the parking lot.

A new range was constucted on the West side of the lot with the berm on the north end, and when shooting rifles you kind of shoot at a slight downward angle into the depression (parallel with the driveway).

Yes, the gate has been locked for a few years now out of fear of liability and a fence has been put up so people can't wander in from the nearby neighborhoods.

The board has not required sponsoring members in quite some time (in fact everything in this post happened before I got there). We like it when people show up for a meeting when we vote on memberships, but it's not required either.

Nice, bigger berm which was needed way back when but the range is pretty much the same.

Of all the land Sycamore could have built on they built there - twerps...

Barry in IN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2008
    Re: the Danville CC ...

How wide is the range? Is it available for rental?

Rhino, if you are thinking of using it for a class...
    Looking at the rules on their website, I see they have a "No rapid fire" rule: at least three seconds between shots.
    Sounds like a place for zeroin', but not for trainin'!

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Rhino, if you are thinking of using it for a class...
    Looking at the rules on their website, I see they have a "No rapid fire" rule: at least three seconds between shots.
    Sounds like a place for zeroin', but not for trainin'!

Thanks, but it's a moot issue. They don't rent the range and it doesn't seem to be wide enough. Still looking!

marv

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Gatchel, IN
    Owensboro Rifle and Pistol Club at Lewisport, KY is my closest range,(15 mi) Or if I don't feel like driving I can just step outside.

Legba

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    NE Indiana
    I'm one of the lucky ones. This 25-1,000yd range is less than 5 miles from me. And I have the DNR range about 8 miles from me, or I can just step out back.

Pete-FWA

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2008
    I'm one of the lucky ones. This 25-1,000yd range is less than 5 miles from me. And I have the DNR range about 8 miles from me, or I can just step out back.

:shoot: Where exactly is this?! Looks like nice country and I see it's somewhere in our part of the state.

Legba

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    NE Indiana
    Pete- its just out side of Lagrange. Its called Youngs Long Shot. You have to be a member of the NRA and there is yearly dues. Im not a member yet of the range.

cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    i can personally VOUCH for the Young's at young's long shot.

they have been life long friends, helped my family, been avid church goers and farmers. deep rooted family and GREAT people i am HONORED to be friends with.

legba,

i can't pm yet, but where do you live? i live up at 400 east and 20 outside of largrange. check the profile, maybe we know each other ;)

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    Its not on the list, but I shoot at ProTeq which is east of Terre Haute. It has an area to shot clays, then a 50, 100, 200, and 300 yard ranges. Membership is $20.

Map.gif

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bengineer
    Top Bottom