• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • .356luger

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    martinsville
    Hey anyone have any place they wouldnt mind 2 bow hunters hunting in late archery. I lost around 400 acres in brown county i used to get to hunt and now it is a private preserve. I had 27 gunshots opening morning and everything went nocturnal. Any body else have this problem. I hunted the 30 acres i still have with my buddie early archery and saw 2 to 10 deer every outing. Spent approx 60 hours in the stand during the first week of gun and saw 2 the whole time. We are clean leave no mess bottles trash etc wont even leave a gut pile if you dont want. We dont take spikes or button bucks mature deer only.

I have been looking into public land for late archery and i believe that might be the way im headed. Just seems like everyone hunts it but maybe if it gets nasty cold maybe it will stop some weekend warriors from pressuring everything. Any one had any luck on public.

Oh and how about the lack of rain after we planted our food plots. Indiana had as much rain as seattle till i open the ground and put the plots in then nothin. I shake my fist at the clouds.

Cpt Caveman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   1
    Feb 5, 2009
    Brown County
    Yeah, I've got a place I wouldn't mind 2 bow hunters hunting in late archery. The thing is you'll have to shoot 14 adult does before you can shoot your first buck. Still wanna hunt my place? Didn't think so....
    Gun shots don't make deer go "nocturnal". In fact deer don't equate gunfire with danger, unless they've seen other deer shot or have been wounded themselves and survived. I've shot two in a row standing in the same thicket. I don't think they are smart enough to be honest.
    Sounds like you need to be knocking on some doors dressed in your Sunday best. If you are straight up with folks you can get permission to hunt on some big chunks of land. You gotta be willing to do the legwork and find them though. Might be a little late to try and get permission for this season but when spring rolls around I'd be knocking on doors.

.356luger

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    martinsville
    Yeah, I've got a place I wouldn't mind 2 bow hunters hunting in late archery. The thing is you'll have to shoot 14 adult does before you can shoot your first buck. Still wanna hunt my place? Didn't think so....
    Gun shots don't make deer go "nocturnal". In fact deer don't equate gunfire with danger, unless they've seen other deer shot or have been wounded themselves and survived. I've shot two in a row standing in the same thicket. I don't think they are smart enough to be honest.
    Sounds like you need to be knocking on some doors dressed in your Sunday best. If you are straight up with folks you can get permission to hunt on some big chunks of land. You gotta be willing to do the legwork and find them though. Might be a little late to try and get permission for this season but when spring rolls around I'd be knocking on doors.

First I equate deer hunting to going to the produce isle with a bow. Horns are nice but you cant eat them so no problems and pending on your area i could kill 9 does but that would probably limit me out on bonus antlerless then i would have to kill a Buck :):.

Second its not the gunfire that turned them nocturnal its the dumb hunters that were like gnats at a picnic always moving annoying me.

So back to the issue at hand ill need some directions to the property cause its time to start slaying some whitetail. Oh that reminds me im going to need a new freezer.

smswartz

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 3, 2010
    Lebanon
    I have been hunting Morgan Monroe south of Martinsville and it has plenty of does. I am a meat hunter so does only is fine with me.

Top Bottom