• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • elliotle

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 1, 2012
    I sold my Marlin to get a Just Right Carbine.

DHH_1422Pw.jpg

:D

Now, with Ergo grip and Magpul stock;

DHH_2352PW.jpg

:yesway:

She's a beauty. Went to the website and did some research and apparently they are popular enough to have some trouble keeping up production.

fireman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    i have the 9mm hi point and have had it for about 4 months and put several hundred rounds through it with out a problem i get looks every time iam at the range asking what is that thing and can i shoot it and after they shoot it they want one, i love mine and will never sell it, it is also good on ammo for the price

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    Palmetto's new AR's that take glock mags look awesome. Would be great to go hunting with a handgun caliber carbine :-) (not that 10mm is deer legal)

Would love a 45 acp long gun.

Tommy2Tone

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    I have the Sub2k in 9mm with glock mags. The glock mags is a huge selling point when compared to the Hi-Point. My friend has the Hi-Point, compared to the sub2k the Hi-Point is a monster in both size and weight. I know he has had mag issues. He bought some pro-mags and had problem feeding rounds. I believe the only other option is factory mags of 10 rounds. Both guns shoot great and we shoot about the same times at FNS or Steel Challenge.

ike1018

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    I have the Sub2k in 9mm with glock mags. The glock mags is a huge selling point when compared to the Hi-Point. My friend has the Hi-Point, compared to the sub2k the Hi-Point is a monster in both size and weight. I know he has had mag issues. He bought some pro-mags and had problem feeding rounds. I believe the only other option is factory mags of 10 rounds. Both guns shoot great and we shoot about the same times at FNS or Steel Challenge.

I have a sub2k in glock 9mm. The glock mags was a huge selling point for me as well. Especially if you have a G 17, 19 or 26. It's been fun to shoot, really accurate at 25yards standing and pretty accurate at 100 yards at bench rest. It preferred 124gr ammo during break in, but from what I read that is pretty normal. The other big selling point is how compact it is with it's ability to fold in half.

Tommy2Tone

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    I have a sub2k in glock 9mm. The glock mags was a huge selling point for me as well. Especially if you have a G 17, 19 or 26. It's been fun to shoot, really accurate at 25yards standing and pretty accurate at 100 yards at bench rest. It preferred 124gr ammo during break in, but from what I read that is pretty normal. The other big selling point is how compact it is with it's ability to fold in half.

Agreed. I should note though. That not all sub2ks can fit the 19 mags. You can easily cut the grip down and git the 19s. (26s do not fit)

Iroquois

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    Gun Test magazine liked it...for the price. I still like my camp9 Marlin. It will feed anything, even an empty
    Shell... It's not super accurate but good past 75yds. I'm still mad Marlin quit making them.

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    prices still havent gone up that much though honestly. even cabela's only sells them for 299+tax

Funny thing, shortly after purchasing it, the Mrs and I went to "Ron's" because we were in the area and had never been in there. (BTW, it was the first and ONLY time we have and will ever cross the threshold.) But I saw an identical gun, sans laser, hanging on the wall for $399. When I mentioned that I had purchased mine for $225 with a laser, the guy behind the counter got all bent out of shape with me. HA!

elliotle

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 1, 2012
    Funny thing, shortly after purchasing it, the Mrs and I went to "Ron's" because we were in the area and had never been in there. (BTW, it was the first and ONLY time we have and will ever cross the threshold.) But I saw an identical gun, sans laser, hanging on the wall for $399. When I mentioned that I had purchased mine for $225 with a laser, the guy behind the counter got all bent out of shape with me. HA!

Haha. Yeah I went into "Ron's" with a XDM40 on my hip that I bought used for $425 at the 1500. They were selling their XDM40 for $999. I asked them if it came with $300 cash in the case. They didn't get it and I left quickly.

That being said the low mag capacity on the Hi Point is a real bummer and that's why the decision is so hard between that and the Sub2K.

Top Bottom