• ...and so much more!
  • SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Really like my CX4. Have a couple of thousand rounds through it. Bought it from another INGOer. Mounted a dual mag pouch to the stock for quick reloads. Now has a Primary Arms Microdot on the top rail. Added a VTAC Sling, MagPul VFG and VTAC Sling. The barrel shroud is a section of PVC conduit from Lowes. CX4's can be found used, for around $500-$600.

It shoots minute of groundhog at 100 yards. Never had a malfunction.The short length makes it fast to maneuver.

One key to reliability is using factory Berretta or Mec-gar mags. The previous owner threw in a couple of 20 rnd Promags. They were garbage. I now use MecGar 20 round mags and standard 15 rnd mags on the stock. Compatible with my Berretta 92FS.

100_0579.jpg

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Really like my CX4. Have a couple of thousand rounds through it. Bought it from another INGOer. Mounted a dual mag pouch to the stock for quick reloads. Now has a Primary Arms Microdot on the top rail. Added a VTAC Sling, MagPul VFG and VTAC Sling. The barrel shroud is a section of PVC conduit from Lowes. CX4's can be found used, for around $500-$600.

It shoots minute of groundhog at 100 yards. Never had a malfunction.The short length makes it fast to maneuver.

One key to reliability is using factory Berretta or Mec-gar mags. The previous owner threw in a couple of 20 rnd Promags. They were garbage. I now use MecGar 20 round mags and standard 15 rnd mags on the stock. Compatible with my Berretta 92FS.

100_0579.jpg

elliotle

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 1, 2012

100_0579.jpg

Went to Plainfield Shooting Supplies today after my physical fitness test at the ILEA and asked Bob what kind of Pistol Caliber Carbines he had. Sold out and said he just sold a CX4 for around $600 earlier in the morning. I've heard good things about them. At this point whatever I can find will probably be my choice as long as the price is right.

davedolli

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    106   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Clinton IN
    Speaking of Promags, I had 3 that I got in a trade for an AK, that would not feed and were pure trash. They have a lifetime warranty, so I called the company, the owner told me to return them, I did and received 3 new redesigned mags which worked fine and I still use them.

Dave

elliotle

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 1, 2012
    Speaking of Promags, I had 3 that I got in a trade for an AK, that would not feed and were pure trash. They have a lifetime warranty, so I called the company, the owner told me to return them, I did and received 3 new redesigned mags which worked fine and I still use them.

Dave

That's fantastic and makes me feel a little better about the low mag capacity. Thank you!

My relative (who owns the Hi Point handgun) just got back from vacation. Now if I find a 995 I'm supposed to buy two! :)

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    where do you go to order one? just your LGS or what?

LGS will do, Bradis in Indy also sells them.

Here's my Just Right Carbine. Sporting a Magpul AFG2, NC Star Holo, and now have a Houge rubber grip on it. Picking up front and rear Magpul flips from by brother in-law real cheap because he does not like them.

(Crappy cell phone pic)
    2012-02-07_21-37-39_480.jpg

elliotle

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 1, 2012
    Ended up with a Keltec Sub2000 that I found in the classifieds at a really good price. Can't wait to go out and shoot the thing! My uncle is waiting on the LGS to get their Hi Point 995s in.

Tommy2Tone

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    Ended up with a Keltec Sub2000 that I found in the classifieds at a really good price. Can't wait to go out and shoot the thing! My uncle is waiting on the LGS to get their Hi Point 995s in.

What mag type? I will let you know of one problem my friend and I are having. So far this is only happening with glock mags with only 1 mag catch indentation. The mags with indentations on both sides are okay. (may be coincidence). The plastic is getting warn right on the edge of the indentation (where the mag catch holds the mag). When this gets warn the mag can slide out while shooting. Since this isn't a problem with glocks, I am thinking the mag catch doesn't go out as far as in a real glock. Thus it can wear that lip and round it off on the mag. Not sure what the problem is. Just letting you know so you can watch out for it.

elliotle

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 1, 2012
    What mag type? I will let you know of one problem my friend and I are having. So far this is only happening with glock mags with only 1 mag catch indentation. The mags with indentations on both sides are okay. (may be coincidence). The plastic is getting warn right on the edge of the indentation (where the mag catch holds the mag). When this gets warn the mag can slide out while shooting. Since this isn't a problem with glocks, I am thinking the mag catch doesn't go out as far as in a real glock. Thus it can wear that lip and round it off on the mag. Not sure what the problem is. Just letting you know so you can watch out for it.

Thanks for the info. Mine have two indentations so doesn't sound like a problem.

Top Bottom