• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    $430 for a Ruger PC Carbine 9mm...nice price for Glock / Ruger magazine compatible rifle!
    I have an older, original, PC9 Carbine that takes the P-Series magazines...what a hoot-to-shoot!
    I have an older, Ruger P-95 pistol and wanted a 9mm magazine compatible rifle to go with it.
    All 3 of my kids absolutely LOVE shooting it!
    I prefer Glock...hence the EPC-9 build...etc.
    Yep I put the Glock Magwell in.
    I had a Ruger American 9mm, and what a tank of a pistol that is. Very reliable, however in a world disaster I figured I need a Glock type pistol, and a carbine that accepts Glock magazines since they are so popular.
    I originally was looking for a 22 magnum semi-auto rifle, and ran across the new Ruger PC Carbine on Brownells with free shipping, and transfer it worked out to $430.
    I checked prices on 22 magnum ammunition, and 9mm ammunition. At that time 9mm was half the price of 22 magnum. Plus there are probably a billion rds nationwide compared to 22 magnum, and the 9mm is more powerful.
    With that thought process I bought the Ruger PC Carbine in 9mm at what is now a really good price.
    I'll get a picture and post it when I am home for lunch.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    54   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    Yep I put the Glock Magwell in.
    I had a Ruger American 9mm, and what a tank of a pistol that is. Very reliable, however in a world disaster I figured I need a Glock type pistol, and a carbine that accepts Glock magazines since they are so popular.
    I originally was looking for a 22 magnum semi-auto rifle, and ran across the new Ruger PC Carbine on Brownells with free shipping, and transfer it worked out to $430.
    I checked prices on 22 magnum ammunition, and 9mm ammunition. At that time 9mm was half the price of 22 magnum. Plus there are probably a billion rds nationwide compared to 22 magnum, and the 9mm is more powerful.
    With that thought process I bought the Ruger PC Carbine in 9mm at what is now a really good price.
    I'll get a picture and post it when I am home for lunch.

It's amazing when one sits down and does the comparison math and realize what they can actually do, head-to-head with other against other products, calibers, etc., especially when taking into consideration other factors such as commonality, convenience, accessibility, etc.
    That's kind of along the lines of why I did the EPC-9 build...to have a magazine compatible, common caliber, feasible 'long-gun' (even though it's still a 'pistol' by definition) that is compatible with a handgun for convenience in the field!

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    It's amazing when one sits down and does the comparison math and realize what they can actually do, head-to-head with other against other products, calibers, etc., especially when taking into consideration other factors such as commonality, convenience, accessibility, etc.
    That's kind of along the lines of why I did the EPC-9 build...to have a magazine compatible, common caliber, feasible 'long-gun' (even though it's still a 'pistol' by definition) that is compatible with a handgun for convenience in the field!
    Here is mine I have a Swampfox Liberator on it. I have it set up for left side charging. I'm right handed but like left charging.
    20221112_140813.jpg

Top Bottom