• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • midget

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 2, 2010
    Leo
    For those that just shoot an scoot it will be fun.
    For those wanting to slow down a match and a squad. They will be happy as well.

How will it slow anything down more than the average "Master" open shooter?

To be transparent, I fully support adding it as a division.

sporter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southern, Indiana

Slow down a match/squad? How exactly? During unbagging/bagging? During the removal of the chamber flag? The proposed rules for the division are relatively solid.

Not trying to start a argument, but how about at least give it a shot with some experienced and efficient ROs (I might know one or two who are willing)...who would volunteer to take on some PCC shooter(s).

Then you'll hear some real feedback on whether it's a disaster or not.

ETA: I support adding it as a provisional division, but if it turns out to not work; then my opinion will change.

Last edited:

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)

I don't understand how a new division slows things down? maybe til folks learn to come to the line ready to rock (unbagging, etc)?

edit: Or are we still assuming folks shooting PCC will be shooting PCC in addition to another division? That's an MD problem, not a division problem...

-rvb

Last edited:

romack991

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 27, 2012
    I go back and forth on whether I like PCC or not. Seems like it would add a little diversity and potentially new shooters. I would shoot it a few times a year. But it might change how stages get set up (ie less turn and draw stages, less props forcing SHO/WHO, etc.) I know you can make it work but there will be stage designers that won't want to make anyone upset so you won't see them as much. Same thing that happens now with prone, low ports, etc.

Wonder if there isn't enough interest to have a second monthly USPSA match for PCC only? Maybe on a Saturday?
    You might have some shooters but I would guess you wouldn't have the staff. Clubs have issues with burnout now.

cschwanz

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Won't change how I set up stages much, if at all. For any turn and draw stages, PCC will face downrange, gun at low ready (according to the proposed rule set, we'll see if that's final or not). The other stuff I try to not to make exceptionally difficult to get into/out of positions but if you can do it with a pistol, you should be able to do it with a carbine as well. SHO/WHO stuff where you pull a rope or something to open a port, pull it with one hand and shoot the gun shouldered with just one hand. That may reveal a weakness in people's rifle shooting game too.

I don't think stages should be set up to cater to one division or specifically to mess with one division either. Set up a fun, challenging stage with multiple ways to shoot it and let people figure it out with they gun they brought. If its a PCC, that's on them, not the stage builder.

cschwanz

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    And my official stance is "meh". I don't own a PCC, don't plan to buy one anytime soon. If someone has one *cough cough RVB cough* and wants to bring enough ammo for me to play with it one match day, I might mess around at a level 1 for the fun of it since I do like shooting ARs. But as for the big commotion on BE.com about it messing up HOA, etc. Who cares? If you aren't shooting the PCC division, then the PCC shooters have no relevance to your shooting, your division or your official match placement within that division.

sv40sw45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    South Indiana
    Won't change how I set up stages much, if at all. For any turn and draw stages, PCC will face downrange, gun at low ready (according to the proposed rule set, we'll see if that's final or not). The other stuff I try to not to make exceptionally difficult to get into/out of positions but if you can do it with a pistol, you should be able to do it with a carbine as well. SHO/WHO stuff where you pull a rope or something to open a port, pull it with one hand and shoot the gun shouldered with just one hand. That may reveal a weakness in people's rifle shooting game too.

I don't think stages should be set up to cater to one division or specifically to mess with one division either. Set up a fun, challenging stage with multiple ways to shoot it and let people figure it out with they gun they brought. If its a PCC, that's on them, not the stage builder.
    I will not change the way I have been designing stages at SCGC for last 25 years.

I'lltakethree

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2014
    Claypool

What he said!

mongo404

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Frankfort
    In My Opinion USPSA has been and should always remain a pistol competition.

There are carbine matches around the state that mostly follow IDPA rules.

I see no reason why a group of people that want this to happen couldn't produce a match based off USPSA rules.

I might come play.

Appears to be plenty here ready to go

midget

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 2, 2010
    Leo
    maybe not but it sure is FUN.

I will not argue this at all. Actually, it falls in the same line as shooting a PCC. They are just damned fun to shoot.

USPSA is not a pistol only organization. That is why there is a subset of rules for 3 gun competition.

This is the way I look at it. USPSA, at least to me, feels stagnant. This would add another novelty to the sport and allow new people, and people like me who are not all that interested in pistol shooting, get into it. I like shooting 3 gun, but really enjoy the rifle portion of it more than the pistol and shotgun. So for me it would be a win/win.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom