• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Now I'm really starting to get paranoid. I was in line waiting for food today with my son. It was a fundraiser night for his school so I braved the 100+ people at McDonald's. On the way there we pass a large gas pipeline service terminal thing and there was an accident right by it with an officer parked that my kids kept asking about.

I joked and said "If you get in an accident by a pipeline, police have to evacuate the whole area for safety." As soon as I was halfway done with the sentence the guy in line ahead of us whips around with a look of concern. I saw his badge and realized he was an officer so I figured I just spooked him into thinking there was an issue locally. He asked where I saw the "Pipeline Police" and what where they driving. He ran out, got in his car and went the other direction. As he drove off I saw his car said CSXT and realized he was part of the railroad police.

So is there some super-super-secret Pipeline Police out there that I ALSO haven't heard about? They must have even MORE power than the railroad police because their turf includes underground???

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Huh, first I heard of it. I'll be interested to see. Closest I've seen was a security guard posted 24 hours a day at the gate for the muncie water treatment plant. That went on for about 2 years after 9/11. They were off duty cops guarding a utility, but not an organized department.

Tryin'

Victimized
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I don't know if I'd call them police, but go take a backhoe and start digging where a pipeline is buried and they will come.

This. I used to run a trackhoe for water, sewer, and storm installation. I am very familiar with the pipeline agents. Did a lot of digging in Brownsburg around the Panhandle branch. Those guys were on top of things. . .

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    So their "Bat Signal" is the sound of a backhoe firing up? That's sweet. The authorities in laying pipe...I kinda like the ring of that.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    This. I used to run a trackhoe for water, sewer, and storm installation. I am very familiar with the pipeline agents. Did a lot of digging in Brownsburg around the Panhandle branch. Those guys were on top of things. . .

First, doc, Given the description I think I know where you are talking about.

Second Tryin is right. I worked as a farmhand on a horse farm one summer and one afternoon we were working over the pipleine to smooth out the lip where the hill got steeper suddenly and would cause our utility ATV to bottom out. They were there within an hour of the plane flying overhead. When they saw we were only taking off the edge of the lip by digging down 8" they were cool. But it was scary (and reassuring) how fast they can react to potential dumb***es. I recall back in the late 80s or early 90s where the guy out toward Greenfield hit the pipeline with a backhoe. I could see the glow from Royalton (I thought Rock Island was on fire) and as I recall they didnt find any part of his tractor bigger than your head.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    And while we are at it, with all of the threads like this, plus the threads about what seems like every single alphabet soup agency buying ammo, wouldnt it be faster to simply list the agencies/utilities that DONT have a police force?

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    And while we are at it, with all of the threads like this, plus the threads about what seems like every single alphabet soup agency buying ammo, wouldnt it be faster to simply list the agencies/utilities that DONT have a police force?

Are there any?

yepthatsme

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    Right Here
    :shady: I'm not supposed to reveal this, but I'm going to anyway. I'm part of the septic and sewer police. The pipeline agents report to us.

Edit: Revealing information like this always keeps me in deep :poop:.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom