• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Muncie
    The anti-gun folks want shouting matches. A calm and reasonable pro-gun activist doesn't help affirm their images of gun owners as lunatics ready to snap at anytime.

I use the car analogy all the time, usually mixed with drunk driving and the push for a return to prohibition that NO one is making.

dcobra

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    southport
    I am getting really tired of people in the media telling me what i need or don't need. That above all else is what scares me about this debate. I hate that there are more and more Americans ready and willing to give up their individual rights to the government so that they can feel safe and cozy in their beds at night.

Rob54

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 5, 2012
    Merrillville, Indiana
    I am always amazed at the respect and well thought out answers that our military personnel use. Our country does such a great job of teaching young men and women discipline and respect when they enter the military. They give up family, home, money to serve and they always seem to be much better citizens than the goof balls that you see at the malls. I think that Israel has the right attitude. Everyone should serve!

clfergus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southeast Indy
    I just have to wonder what was up with Piers?? No vehement interruptions, no spewing of venom, no yelling or even name calling. I suppose it's Possible that Piers could actually do a good interview, but I never thought I'd actually see proof of one!!

And a major +1 to the former Marine for staying calm and well-reasoned throughout. It was really nice seeing someone do a respectable job defending the 2nd for a change. Much, MUCH better than ol' A.J. managed to do!!!

Piers kinda got his hand slapped this weekend by the powers that be on CNN. I was watching the weekend show and one of the female anchors had him on to talk about guns. I was shocked when she brought up the petitions for him to leave not only the US but the British petition to keep him in the US.

She also commented on how he calls people idiots and other names when discussing the debate and how CNN is suppose to be independent on issues.. He looked like a whipped scholl boy. have noticed he has toned down a bit.

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    Joshua Boston should run for NRA President. He represents gun owners better than anyone else I have seen so far.

I do think the petitions have had an effect on PM or maybe his management or both but he has been much more subdued in the last couple of "interviews".

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    This hard-charger is who we need to replace Wayne LaPierre. I thought his "Guns, Crime, and Freedom" was well written, but I have never been impressed with the way he has handled himself as the spokesman/PR man of the NRA. We deserve better, and Joshua Boston is it!

Outstanding job, Marine!!
    :patriot: :drill:

FTFY..! :ingo: :cheers:
    Well Said. He will make a great ambassador for the gun community. He just needs the chance.

CTS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    I just have to wonder what was up with Piers?? No vehement interruptions, no spewing of venom, no yelling or even name calling. I suppose it's Possible that Piers could actually do a good interview, but I never thought I'd actually see proof of one!!

I think even he knew better than to go disrespecting a member of the armed services the way he does others. Knowing what I do about the guy I'm guessing it had more to do with self-preservation than actual respect.

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Muncie
    I still can't believe the AR-15 is the demon and the AK-47 hasn't even been mentioned in all of this.

Not mentioned in the Newtown shootings, but they were mentioned by name at the 2nd 2012 presidential debate when Obama said he wanted to revisit the assault rifle ban

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    I am getting really tired of people in the media telling me what i need or don't need. That above all else is what scares me about this debate. I hate that there are more and more Americans ready and willing to give up their individual rights to the government so that they can feel safe and cozy in their beds at night.

I ain't about need. It's a right. It'll always be a right. It may be a right we're deprived of lawfully exercising at some point. But it remains a right.

At the point we're deprived of lawfully exercising it. . . . well, that's when things get really sticky.
    Piers can go home. Like more government, we wouldn't miss him.;)

CitiusFortius

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    NWI
    I just have to wonder what was up with Piers?? No vehement interruptions, no spewing of venom, no yelling or even name calling.

He finally booked a pro-gun guest who was level headed...I think he intentionally books these other guys because he knows he's smarter than them and that he can get them to look like bafoons.

Regular Guy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2012
    NW Indiana
    What is up with Piers. He's getting the boot from the prime time spot he took from Larry King to a late night spot, his contract is about to be up, and he is likely scared of loosing his job. Many heads are already rolling over there with new management coming on board for the network. Nice to see the jerk keeping his cool and not reducing himself to name calling to win an argument.

I think Morgan wanted to lash out at him--but this is a well spoken U.S. Marine. It's bad publicity to slam a soldier in public.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Willing to bet that the fact that people were willing to actually confront Piers, and humiliate him on air, is why he's now changing his act. Possible that he's finally realizing that he's barking up the wrong tree, and that he is in a minority.

The anti-gun crowd, I can understand and can see their perspective on the matter. It's a thing of wanting to see this tactful looking society without weapons of any kind, it's a fairytale but it's what they believe they are trying to accomplish. They don't understand crime in the slightest, but simply use it to shame who ever disagrees with them.
    The biggest glaring thing I see that any anti-gunner with half a brain should understand, is that these upper end rifles aren't cheap common street thug tools. Most have many thousands of dollars put into them. They are at the lowest possible risk of anything for being involved in a crime. Where as the weapons the anti-gunners are alright with, generally, are typically the ones most often used in crimes.

Makes me want to beat my head against a wall at times over the lack of any real intelligence on the other side of the fence. It's nearly impossible to have a realistic and civil discussion.

Top Bottom