• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    They have their hard hats on, so it's perfectly safe.

On a side note:

giphy.gif

IndyTom

Expert
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Oct 3, 2013
    Fishers
    So much male privilege there. Where are the women? I'm guessing any women who work for the same company probably make less back on the ground.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Hell yeah, looks like fun! (I use to climb antenna towers for a living) It would be a hell of a view. The highest I have climbed is around 800ft. The craziest thing I have done isn't quiet that crazy. But I have stood on a the very top section at about 180ft. Don't look straight up. If you do and there are clouds you will feel the sensation like falling over.

I have experienced that. Dont look down? Thats EASY. Looking up is the hard part.

Just dont do what I did and watch this on a 40" TV.

[video=youtube;XLmwlbjL_UM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLmwlbjL_UM[/video]

I couldnt do it, and I used to jump out of planes for a living.

Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area
    I have experienced that. Dont look down? Thats EASY. Looking up is the hard part.

I didn't do it for a living but I have been sky diving. To me there is a world of difference, I can toss myself out a door at 3,500 feet with no problem but there is no way in hell ever you will find me climbing a tower.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland

I was about to post that vid, but it's fitting that the Monkey got to it before me.
    Dunno how this guy climbs so easily with his enormous nads knocking him in the knees the whole time.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I did not like the observation towers in NYC. On top of a giant building. Surrounded by walls.

Not a huge fan of heights. Or stilts. Or ladders. Or platform shoes.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    I did not like the observation towers in NYC. On top of a giant building. Surrounded by walls.

Admit it; you have a pair of fishbowl shoes in your closet, with your leisure suit hanging right above them.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas

Oh then next time in Chicago you need to go to The Ledge to have breakfast. Tres cool. A glass box sticks out from the side of the building, 103 stories up, so you can look straight down through the floor and see the people on the street about 1300' down. That's higher than the guys in the photo in the OP.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    What happens when you get a good case of call of the void?
    Sudden gust of wind?
    Also, how high do you bounce off concrete from that height? I'm guessing about 3 to 4 feet.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    I thought the "NOPE" was those dudes making the kind of bucks they are making and then getting photographed on the jobsite without all their safety gear hooked up. I don't know much about fall prevention gear, maybe I am missing it.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    I know you posted in purple, but my minor OCD must point out the guy on the right has his lanyard hooked to his front. The end that would be attached to the building.

I thought current regs required two lanyards when working at heights? That way you can be tied off 100%

Oh then next time in Chicago you need to go to The Ledge to have breakfast. Tres cool. A glass box sticks out from the side of the building, 103 stories up, so you can look straight down through the floor and see the people on the street about 1300' down. That's higher than the guys in the photo in the OP.

I've got a cousin in law that was a carpenter, one of his jobs was building the scaffolding on top of the tower so they could paint the antennas.

I thought the "NOPE" was those dudes making the kind of bucks they are making and then getting photographed on the jobsite without all their safety gear hooked up. I don't know much about fall prevention gear, maybe I am missing it.

See above.

Top Bottom