• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area
    Last Sept some really STOOPID fools did a really STOOOPID thing and got their pic taken. It is thought to be a new world record for both quality AND quantity of 'NOPE' in one act.

PHOTO: Workers pose for picture atop Wilshire Grand Tower in DTLA | abc7.com

090716-kabc-wilshire-social.jpg

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    So the soles of their boots (and one butt) are at 1099' AGL.

IIRC that's 99' higher than one or two of my jumps at the end of training at The Airborne School, and only 101' lower than a couple other jumps. Assuming the plane was flying exactly at the specified altitude.

Zounds.

Also: where's the photographer? Drone?

myhightechsec

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2016
    The Region
    I have known ironworkers before. For many of those guys who work building the skyscrapers it seems as if they have had the fear gene removed from their body.

Dirty Steve

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 16, 2011
    Danville
    Nope, not a chance,....just looking at that pic makes my wiener hurt. (Don't know why that happens to me when I'm up on something really high.)

Dirty Steve

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Although it "looks" real I'm not buying it. The guy suction cupped to the peak looks disproportionally too small. If it is real all I have to say is oh HELL no! If it's faked it appears to be a pretty decent fake.

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    Although it "looks" real I'm not buying it. The guy suction cupped to the peak looks disproportionally too small. If it is real all I have to say is oh HELL no! If it's faked it appears to be a pretty decent fake.

Distorted perspective from the fish eye lens.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Hell yeah, looks like fun! (I use to climb antenna towers for a living) It would be a hell of a view. The highest I have climbed is around 800ft. The craziest thing I have done isn't quiet that crazy. But I have stood on a the very top section at about 180ft. Don't look straight up. If you do and there are clouds you will feel the sensation like falling over.

Top Bottom