or the Smith 669

IMG_0577.jpg

zebov

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Lafayette, IN
    There's some really nice handguns folks carry around these parts! I hear about the Glocks and XDs a lot (not that there's anything wrong with them), but it's nice to see some different stuff out there.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    What grips are on that, they are sweet looking and do you have a better pic of them & the gun.

Those are custom made for me by Joe Perkins, he owns Outlaw Grips and makes some of the finest grips I've ever seen, he also made the HAND OF GOD grips for actor Russell Crowe for the movie 3:10 to Yuma.

The grips you are asking about are aged, dyed and polished giraffe bone (femur) with a sterling silver medallion that he custom cast and inlayed to my specifications. They are a true 1 of a kind grip and you really don't want to know what they cost but I've got guns that cost less. Sadly the photos don't begin to show the depth of grain and the variations in the way the light plays off these grips.
    90toslide.jpg

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Annie, in the second photo the front strap looks different than in the first photo. Is that a play of light or is the front strap stippled or maybe coated with skateboard tape in the second photo?

Are those grips Ebony?

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    My new best friend...

Taurus 809 with a imitation Galco combat master belt holster that was originally for a 1911, took the retention screw out so it would fit (little tight fitting) until I can get a custom holster made preferably at this upcoming 1500.

taurus809review.jpg

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Annie, in the second photo the front strap looks different than in the first photo. Is that a play of light or is the front strap stippled or maybe coated with skateboard tape in the second photo?

Are those grips Ebony?
    Definitely not a play of light. I bastardized my Kimber with skateboard tape. It works. I like the feel of the grip better (and the grips are stock "black synthetic double diamond").

wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    Those are custom made for me by Joe Perkins, he owns Outlaw Grips and makes some of the finest grips I've ever seen, he also made the HAND OF GOD grips for actor Russell Crowe for the movie 3:10 to Yuma.

The grips you are asking about are aged, dyed and polished giraffe bone (femur) with a sterling silver medallion that he custom cast and inlayed to my specifications. They are a true 1 of a kind grip and you really don't want to know what they cost but I've got guns that cost less. Sadly the photos don't begin to show the depth of grain and the variations in the way the light plays off these grips.
    90toslide.jpg

OMG those are absolutely beautiful, I have to get a better job or start selling body parts. WOW!!!!

wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    I've entertained the idea of carrying an extra mag, but is 35 rounds too many?

Not if you needed 36 :D, I always carry 2 extra mags (of course my carry gun only has 7 rd mags), but not only for the extra ammo but for Mr. Murphy playing with my mag when I really don't want him to.

lawrra

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Huntington
    Not if you needed 36 :D, I always carry 2 extra mags (of course my carry gun only has 7 rd mags), but not only for the extra ammo but for Mr. Murphy playing with my mag when I really don't want him to.
    A malfunction is the only reason that would push me over the line. I suppose I should start shopping around for a mag holster.

XDs4me

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    NW Indiana
    This is my latest carry piece along with an LCP with a crimson laser as a BUG. Every so often I still take out my XD45c.

Top Bottom