• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ctbreitwieser

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    DuCo.
    1. Good luck trying to find it for 140. Only if it is really abused. They go for over 200 these days :(
    2. On the "Soviet Union Genelalissimus" you don't need stress marks, they are over the wrong letters anyway :) Symly Генералиссимус Советского Союза.

If they're bringing that kind of price I should probably start treating mine a little better. I accidently left it in the tool box for a couple months once. When I ran a wire brush down bore I sucked in a whole lung full of rust dust. :):

Quad

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    No kidding, Even here on INGO if you find M44 in WTS/WTT adds under 250 I will be surprized I saw them for as much as 350. A guy in Danham's told be taht just 3-4 years ago they were selling them at the same price as 91/30, but they haven't recieved any for a long while.

^^^This.
    I had been looking for one for a long time at a decent price. I finally found one for $180 and jumped on it. Every other one I've seen, at local shops, gun shows, etc., have been $250 minimum, and they've refused to negotiate, saying that someone will eventually pay what they are asking.

Just my personal experience...

andfc

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.3%
    146   1   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Indianapolis
    You got a great deal.

If you haven't taken the bolt apart to clean the cosmoline out of it, I definitely recommend doing so Mosin Nagant Rifle Exploded Views and Disassembly The bolt will cycle a lot smoother when you get the gunk out of there. Definitely check the firing pin - the Mosin Nagant bolt tool make it really easy.

I've had great luck with these guys for ammo 7.62x54R | SGAmmo.com - I got a crate of 880 for about $150 shipped.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    As for the title, Just happened to be Russian :)

I had a roommate in college from Moscow - his name was Roman, too. He was pretty normal compared to the next year's roommate... :mullet:

Just a few years ago the 1500 had Hungarian, Romanian and Russian M44's staked deep, then... :tumbleweed:
    Now I'm looking for the more elusive M38. Then for 1891 - preferably Remington.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 4, 2011
    NWI
    JUst purchased a can of 440 from militaryshooters.com for $88.05 shipped and scoured google for the best price. they're out of wisconsin so hopefully gets here quick.

My wife has been to Russia and can hold a conversation.

mosinfan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Your M44 was imported about 3-4 years ago judging from the stamp. That stamp is known as the "billboard stamp" Older imports will have the CIA stamp under or on the side of the barrel and be very small. Your firearm looks good. Use windex after you shoot the corrosive ammo before cleaning as you nomally would. Enjoy! You will have fun. :)

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Your M44 was imported about 3-4 years ago judging from the stamp. That stamp is known as the "billboard stamp" Older imports will have the CIA stamp under or on the side of the barrel and be very small. Your firearm looks good. Use windex after you shoot the corrosive ammo before cleaning as you nomally would. Enjoy! You will have fun. :)

Do a search on "WINDEX" here at INGO first...

Woodrow

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 30, 2010
    Munster
    I bought a pair from a guy back in Virginia. Stocks had been poorly refinished, but metal was in decent shape, and for $115 for the set, I was thrilled. Keep in mind though, whatever money you save one finding on on the cheap, will in turn be applied to your insurance deductible when you have to have the orthopedic surgeon reset your shoulder after running through a few rounds.

I don't know how those crafty Russians were able to pull it off. They created what was arguably the heaviest military bolt actions of that time, and yet still managed to have the most severe recoil this side of a .375 H&H!

tsugaruroman

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 14, 2012
    I had a roommate in college from Moscow - his name was Roman, too. He was pretty normal compared to the next year's roommate... :mullet:

Just a few years ago the 1500 had Hungarian, Romanian and Russian M44's staked deep, then... :tumbleweed:
    Now I'm looking for the more elusive M38. Then for 1891 - preferably Remington.

I guess I should've immigrated here few years earlier... :(

I have one 1926 Tula 91/30, M 44 wuold be nice to have, but thy are hard to find for a good price this days. Went to 1500 this year - prices are crazy.I gues I will try to swap my Mouser for one, once I have enough posts to use the classifieds.There was RemiMosin here on INGO a month ago or so, but it was over 500 in rough shape...

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I have the following.

Hungarian M44 1953
    Izhavsk M38 1944

Should I buy a $100 Mosin and not shoot the ones I got?
    Buy the $100 Mosin AND shoot the ones you have! Keep 'em clean and shooting them isn't going to hurt them, and will probably make them happy. :) As the Beatles put it, "Happiness is a warm gun."

tsugaruroman

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 14, 2012
    I bought a pair from a guy back in Virginia. Stocks had been poorly refinished, but metal was in decent shape, and for $115 for the set, I was thrilled. Keep in mind though, whatever money you save one finding on on the cheap, will in turn be applied to your insurance deductible when you have to have the orthopedic surgeon reset your shoulder after running through a few rounds.

I don't know how those crafty Russians were able to pull it off. They created what was arguably the heaviest military bolt actions of that time, and yet still managed to have the most severe recoil this side of a .375 H&H!

Ye we (Russians) are just talanted that way.... :)

cassaireland05

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2012
    Hillsboro IN
    Thats a pretty good deal on the ammo too!!! I just recently got a mosen nagant for my birthday! :) Can't wait to shoot it. He bought me the gun from someone on here and we just went and bought a spam can off of another guy on here! I love this website! I am so addicted!!!

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    You really need to be ashamed of yourself for stealing that poor ole Brit's Mosin. :D
    Very nice looking one at that. Judging from the looks of the stock, it made a stop or two somewhere between the USSR and here.

Top Bottom