Phrases, statements and other things that bug me.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2008
    Granite Falls, NC
    I get irritated when people don't respond to PM's involving the classifieds...

If you don't want what I'm offering, is it that hard to have the courtesy to tell me?

Maybe if you reject my offer, I'll counter and offer more? But if you never respond, how am I to know if you're still considering it, or have just decided to ignore me?

Its a PM. It aint like you've got to pick up the phone and tell me you accidentally ran my cat over...you type a polite refusal, and its done. Courtesy, anyone?

:ranton:

Agent 007

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2009
    naming names does not seem necessary.

I've got a few pet peeves.

1. People who start threads just to whine about things that make their panties bunch up and chafe their hemorrhoids.

2. People who obviously take themselves WAY too seriously.

3. People too dense to recognize obvious humor when they see it.

4. Carnies. Circus folk. Nomads, you know. Smell like cabbage. Small hands. (Austin Powers reference, for those who don't get out much. :D)

:cool:

Last edited:

raider600

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Ditto with one addition

5) OC v. CC debate. If you don't want to CC then don't, but why be critical of fellow gun owners that do and act like you are doing every one else some big favor "educating" the unwashed masses as a favor to gun owners world wide.

Yep... I don't care that you OC. So stop saying it all the time.
    "Where did you OC today?" ROFL :poop:

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    The worst is "gixxer" which is how people pronounce "GSXR"- the suzuki motorcycle. It's fine to pronounce the consonants as "jixxer" or "gixxer" but why the F would you go and rewrite the damn name and make it longer?????????????????????????????????
    :yesway:
    4. Carnies. Circus folk. Nomads, you know. Smell like cabbage. Small hands.

:cool:

I'd like to be a nomad. 'Course, it would be hard to carry around all my stuff. I don't like my little car. I miss my van... Yes, I camped in it when paddling... down by the river. :n00b:

If you're a nomad, does it mean you're not supposed to get upset? Does it become against the rules? :dunno:

notasccrmom

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2008
    south 'til you smell
    The Glock and XD fanboys never fail to annoy the **** out of me. They're both proven designs and we all have our preference, leave it at that. Also the endless posting about how awesome Glocks are tends to get old. Do you really need to reply to a thread just to say "My Glock Rocks!!1!!!"? It's a factory gun, get over it.

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    The Glock and XD fanboys never fail to annoy the **** out of me. They're both proven designs and we all have our preference, leave it at that. Also the endless posting about how awesome Glocks are tends to get old. Do you really need to reply to a thread just to say "My Glock Rocks!!1!!!"? It's a factory gun, get over it.

what no tactical references? I'm so disappointed:D-BTW this was a tactical post.

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    I hate people who go to all the trouble of putting on their carry holster after a match, but then forget to put the carry gun in said holster.

Pretty lame.

People who only drive 10mph over the speed limit, don't be a Steffan, if you are going to speed at least do 20mph over the posted limit. HTFU

Oh, I have 5.11 tactical socks, and they are worth every penny.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2009
    At last, I need some help guys? I want to know what some things mean? Remember, I'm a computer illiterate old fart! Now I'm not trying to be a smart a##. I really don't know what this stuff means? "drink the Kool Aid" and some computer abbreviations. ETA, IMO, OTOH, OP etc.... etc.... :dunno:

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    I hate people who go to all the trouble of putting on their carry holster after a match, but then forget to put the carry gun in said holster.

Pretty lame.

People who only drive 10mph over the speed limit, don't be a Steffan, if you are going to speed at least do 20mph over the posted limit. HTFU

Oh, I have 5.11 tactical socks, and they are worth every penny.

I was just not walking all the way back to the truck to get it before lunch. I had my knife and I watch Shooting Gallery so I know how to use it.:)

I was not driving 10 mph over. I followed the posted speed limit and I arrived before you did.:):

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    ETA= edit to add
    IMO= In my opinion
    IMHO=In my humble opinion.
    OP= original poster/ thread starter

"Drink the kool aid" refers to people who are, or are not, on a particular "bandwagon".

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    I was just not walking all the way back to the truck to get it before lunch. I had my knife and I watch Shooting Gallery so I know how to use it.:)

I was not driving 10 mph over. I followed the posted speed limit and I arrived before you did.:):

We pulled over to wait for you, as my passenger was confused with where we suppose to meet.

Top Bottom