Phrases, statements and other things that bug me.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    I'm all for the rules applying equally to all with out exception or excuses.

I find it annoying to read or hear people who didn't even know what the rules were a month ago whining or blathering away about how the rules are all wrong and should be changed to accomodate them. That applys to every one every where, here, forums, hunting, shooting, cars and highways.

Dryden

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2009
    N.E. Indianapolis
    "Keep your bugger hook of the bang switch"
    Originally stated by Albert Einstein.

"If the caliber doesn't start with .4x it ain't a real handgun"
    Stated by Sir Issac Newton

If a 147gr. 9mm travelling at 1150fps hits a gell block at 25 yards, will a 230gr. .45 cal. make it around the board and collect $200 for passing GO?

I stay up at night because of these things!!!:n00b:

Agent 007

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2009
    This is a great forum, and I spend a lot of time here. I have learned plenty from posts here, but there are a few that seem to come up time and time again. Some of them bug the crap out of me.
    For Example:

1) I hate threads and posts that play for simple shock value with the phrase __________ will get you killed.

2) OC v. CC debate. If you don't want to OC then don't, but why be critical of fellow gun owners that do.

3) Vague statements that attempt to the ride the fence. For crying out loud form an opinion (informed would be nice) and get out of the middle of the road. The only thing there is a yellow line and a dead skunk.

4) Tactical is overused but that has been covered.

Anyone else have anything to add?

I seriously thought about naming names here as well but let's not do that.:D

OC is stupid, and will get you killed someday. But I really don't care how someone carries and either way is fine. In fact, OC might be better sometimes. It all depends. I'm kinda on the fence. Whatever is most Tactical would probably be best, but I'm not sure. I like my Tactical Serpa holster. I carry an XD Tactical in it, and a spare magazine in my 5.11 Tactical pants. Along with my S&W Tactical knife and Streamlight Tactical flashlight, I'm good to go. But I never OC, other than the times when I do. It's all personal preference, really. I'm kinda neutral about the whole thing. As long as you are Tactical, you should be ok. Maybe.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Mmmm...
    Tactical cake.

Army.gif

mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    OC is stupid, and will get you killed someday. But I really don't care how someone carries and either way is fine. In fact, OC might be better sometimes. It all depends. I'm kinda on the fence. Whatever is most Tactical would probably be best, but I'm not sure. I like my Tactical Serpa holster. I carry an XD Tactical in it, and a spare magazine in my 5.11 Tactical pants. Along with my S&W Tactical knife and Streamlight Tactical flashlight, I'm good to go. But I never OC, other than the times when I do. It's all personal preference, really. I'm kinda neutral about the whole thing. As long as you are Tactical, you should be ok. Maybe.

This sounds like the ramblings of a political man... :):

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    That cake is awesome! Did you make it yourself, or did you just find the photo.

I suppose that if it represents a headquarters, it might also be a strategic cake as well. :D

It's a net find. I've done a few weird cakes, though...
    that just wasn't one.

Also, if some of you are having trouble finding tactical cake *cough*agent007*cough*...
    Try tactical donuts with a tactical holster.
    Yes, there is a God.

tacticaldonut.jpg

JosephR

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    NW IN
    The worst is "gixxer" which is how people pronounce "GSXR"- the suzuki motorcycle. It's fine to pronounce the consonants as "jixxer" or "gixxer" but why the F would you go and rewrite the damn name and make it longer?????????????????????????????????

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville

naming names does not seem necessary.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    I hate it when people don't follow the rules. Example to post in the classifieds you must post a picture. People still don't saying they don't know how or it looks like any other ?? model. It takes 2 min's to learn how to post pics and 2 seconds to post them, I guess some folks are just too lazy or don't care about the rules...

WRONG WRONG WRONG. When I read the updated rules last week, it did not require a picture. Stop saying that-- it only reflects your opinion, not the actual rule. It doesn't mean the person it lazy, it means it's not necessary. You are going to take the time to meet a person to buy a gun, but won't take their word about what condition it is in? You are going to see it before you purchase anyway. What is irritating is the people who insist on pictures when the person has stated the model and condition of the gun. Ironically, the pictures semi-regularly actually make the gun look WORSE, and the picture taker has to explain about the glare, etc, and that the gun is in good condition. Boy, those pictures sure are helpful, aren't they Chef?

Not owning a camera doesn't mean you are lazy. Since it's not breaking a rule, please drop that argument. Further, I stand behind the statement that if I tell you I have a good condition Glock 23 and you ask for pictures, you aren't the kind of guy I want to deal with anyway. This isn't rocket science.

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    What bugs me ?

My not reading a post carefully then going on for ten pages of posts arguing the morality and validity of my point , only to read the OP again to find I was WRONG and looking like a JACKASS the whole time .

Having some folks get rude with you , then when you start to defend yourself some F***TARDS give you bad rep for responding IN KIND to the rudeness you've received .

Then , said F***TARDS refuse to acknowledge your PM's asking if they happened to notice that they were giving bad rep to a guy standing up for himself .

Friends jumping in , GRRRRR !

If it's one on one , and the two are fighting with the same level of force , let the best man win !

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    This is a great forum, and I spend a lot of time here. I have learned plenty from posts here, but there are a few that seem to come up time and time again. Some of them bug the crap out of me.
    For Example:

1) I hate threads and posts that play for simple shock value with the phrase __________ will get you killed.
    disagreeing with #1 will get you killed.
    2) OC v. CC debate. If you don't want to OC then don't, but why be critical of fellow gun owners that do.
    OC is for attention whores; CC is for cowards.
    3) Vague statements that attempt to the ride the fence. For crying out loud form an opinion (informed would be nice) and get out of the middle of the road. The only thing there is a yellow line and a dead skunk.
    There is merit to what you have stated, but I don't agree 100%
    4) Tactical is overused but that has been covered.
    I thought this was tacticalindianatacticalguntacticalownerstacticaldottacticalcom?
    Anyone else have anything to add?

I seriously thought about naming names here as well but let's not do that.:D

Edit:
    people who reply to the OP without reading the whole thread, only to find someone had a better reply earlier in the thread than their own reply that they thought was quite clever. Case in point:

Last edited:
    Top Bottom