• Status
    Not open for further replies.

downzero

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    Seriously? :rolleyes:

If a friend or family member commits suicide.

No, Colt556 did not commit suicide.

And no, not a thing to make a joke out of if that were your intent.

Not funny!:noway:

Not even funny. One of my good friends committed suicide. It's a terrible thing for anyone to go through.

I don't know why you three thought I was joking by posing a question to someone claiming to have "experience" in suicide.

I will reserve my judgment about whether suicide is a terrible thing to go through, as those who are successful at it don't seem to be talking or sharing their experience.

Sounds to me that this guy rented a gun and shot himself with it intentionally. As far as I'm concerned, it sounds like a legitimate exercise of property rights to me. It's his head. If he wants to put a hole in it, so be it.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I don't know why you three thought I was joking by posing a question to someone claiming to have "experience" in suicide.

I will reserve my judgment about whether suicide is a terrible thing to go through, as those who are successful at it don't seem to be talking or sharing their experience.

So what you are saying is that you could not get from point A to point B with the statement of Colt556?

You did not deduce by his statement of having experience with suicide that he was referring to:
    A. Family member committing suicide
    B. Friend committing suicide
    C. Coworker committing suicide or other work related matter

:dunno:

Again, seriously?

downzero

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010

Riiiiight. I'm sure we have a lot of nice things to say about the Brady Campaign or the Obama administration and those discussions go on here every day.

If your skin isn't thick enough to visit a forum where people speak relatively freely, I suggest you shut your computer off.

So what you are saying is that you could not get from point A to point B with the statement of Colt556?

You did not deduce by his statement of having experience with suicide that he was referring to:
    A. Family member committing suicide
    B. Friend committing suicide
    C. Coworker committing suicide or other work related matter

:dunno:

Again, seriously?

I don't think any of those three constitute "experience" in suicide. Perhaps you disagree, and that's fine.

And so no, I don't see the rational connection between A and B there.

I even looked it up in the dictionary, and it seems to suggest that without actually observing or participating in something, one does not actually have, "experience," which coincides with my own working definition.

As I stated before, you may disagree, but it seems pretty obvious to me that simply knowing someone who has killed himself is not "experience" with suicide.

libertybear

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Morristown
    So you don't believe in second-hand experience? Well then if that is the case there can be no first-hand experience either.

Riiiiight. I'm sure we have a lot of nice things to say about the Brady Campaign or the Obama administration and those discussions go on here every day.

If your skin isn't thick enough to visit a forum where people speak relatively freely, I suggest you shut your computer off.

I don't think any of those three constitute "experience" in suicide. Perhaps you disagree, and that's fine.

I even looked it up in the dictionary, and it seems to suggest that without actually observing or participating in something, one does not actually have, "experience," which coincides with my own working definition.

As I stated before, you may disagree, but it seems pretty obvious to me that simply knowing someone who has killed himself is not "experience" with suicide.

Thumper

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    South Indy

Sounds to me that this guy rented a gun and shot himself with it intentionally. As far as I'm concerned, it sounds like a legitimate exercise of property rights to me. It's his head. If he wants to put a hole in it, so be it.
    Have you ever had someone close to you commit suicide?

downzero

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    So you don't believe in second-hand experience? Well then if that is the case there can be no first-hand experience either.

Second-hand experience in suicide?

What is this, vicarious suicide?

I know a woman who has children. Does this mean I have experience with childbirth?

It seems like a serious disconnect of the actual pragmatic use of the word "experience" for a living person to claim they have experience with the issue, unless they sucked at it bad enough to fail.

rmabrey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009

You read to much into stuff. You made a joke at an inappropriate time. It may be a forum where you can speak your mind freely but show a little respect.

rmabrey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    Respect for what? Enlighten me...

Obviously those that say they have "experience" with suicide have lost someone close to them yet you feel the need to correct them by posting a definition of experience. How about have some respect for people that have lost someone to suicide

downzero

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    Obviously those that say they have "experience" with suicide have lost someone close to them yet you feel the need to correct them by posting a definition of experience. How about have some respect for people that have lost someone to suicide

Aww, you mean your feelings might be hurt?

Cry me a river!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Steve44
    Top Bottom